chapter twenty seven :: happy birthday, baby

"Babe," CJ whispered into Josh's ear. "Wake up."

"Why?" Josh whined before covering his face with the blanket. "Our set was so long last night. I'm so tired."

"Because it's your birthday."

Josh slowly uncovered his face, a goofy smile spreading across his lips.

CJ straddled him, taking her sweatshirt off when she was on top of him. Though her fitted tank top was still on, the sentiment excited Josh. Her hands rested on his pecs.

"I just woke up," Josh mentioned. "It's too early to make out."

"It's almost three. Besides, you never turn down a make out session." CJ stared at him for a few seconds before he nodded, a wide grin on his lips. CJ slowly kissed him while his hands roamed her body.

"Is this my present?" Josh asked between slow kisses.

"There's more." CJ replied.

"Don't spoil it." Josh said before CJ began sucking hickeys down the side of his neck. She tuned out his moans so that she would be able to please him on his special day.

CJ ringing phone interrupted her. She climbed off of Josh, settling besides him. She grabbed her phone and answered it while Josh climbed on top of her and started leaving hickeys.

"Hello?" CJ suppressed her moans as she spoke.

"Hey, J," Jenna replied. "Everything's set up. Bill said just come get the truck whenever you're ready."

"Okay," CJ tried to hold the phone away from her mouth as she let out a moan when Josh hit her sweet spot, but Jenna's reaction proved her unsuccessful. "T-Thank you."

"Are you-" Jenna gagged. "Why would you pick up the phone when you're-"

"Stop," CJ laughed lightly as she swatted Josh's head. "We aren't doing anything."

"Hang up already." Josh whispered in CJ's ear.

"Thank you, Jenna." CJ said. "Happy belated birthday."

"You always remembered," Jenna recalled, a small smile on her face. "Even when nobody else did."

"Bye." CJ quickly hung up the phone, then got back to Josh.

"Everything okay?" Josh asked.

"Mhm," CJ nodded before tilting her chin up some. "Keep going."

"Babe," Josh pulled on his shirt. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," CJ told him. "It's called a surprise for a reason."

"Considering I'm the one who can drive," Josh told her. "I need to know where I'll be headed."

"Your mom's." CJ told him.

"My mom's?" Josh exclaimed. "I have multiple questions, but first, why are you talking to my mom without me? You know I love talking to her."

"It's for the surprise."

"Second, how am I supposed to go to my mom's with hickeys all over my neck?" Josh asked.

"You wanted them," CJ replied. "Besides, at least you don't have one right on your jawline."

"She won't even see that." Josh waved her off.

"Then she won't see yours either." CJ pulled her fleece lined jacket on.

"Are you sure you wanna wear that?" Josh asked. "It's supposed to be hot today."

"I'll be fine," CJ pulled him close. "You know I need my jacket on anyway."