chapter thirty one :: petrifying pictures/police reports

It was around four in the morning when Jenna called CJ's phone.

CJ groaned as she peeled herself away from Josh and picked up the phone.

"Jenna," CJ put the phone to her ear. "What is it?"

"Hey, CJ," Jenna's voice was shaky and frantic as she spoke. "What are you doing?"

"I was sleeping," CJ answered. "Why are you calling at four in the morning?"

"I've been up all night," Jenna mentioned. "Doing research and stuff."

"I thought you were finished your classes?" CJ said.

"Not for my classes." Jenna corrected her.

"For what?" CJ asked. "Why do you need to call me about your research?"

"I found him." Jenna mentioned.

"Who?" CJ's voice was low as she spoke. "I don't wanna wake Josh up-"

"Your rapist."

The two were silent over the line, before Jenna spoke again.

"Are you with Josh?" Jenna asked. "Like, can he comfort you?"

"Josh is sleeping right next to me." CJ replied in a monotone voice, the words I found your rapist racking her mind.

"I'm gonna send you this picture.." Jenna told her. "And I-I think you'll recognize him."

CJ heard her phone ding, then she hesitantly opened the message after putting the phone on speaker.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she saw his face. It was clearly the one she saw that night.

"CJ?" Jenna called quietly.

"What's his name?" CJ asked, her voice cracking.

"Are you sure you wanna know?"

"What's his name?" CJ asked again, more sternly the second time.

"Alex," Jenna was hesitant, but replied. "Alex Turner."

CJ let out a shaky breath as she somehow was scared to take her eyes off of the picture.

"CJ?"

"I-I gotta go." CJ replied and hung up the call before Jenna could say anything more.

She kept the picture open as she held her breath, then she lightly tapped Josh's chest.

"Josh." She said once, but got no reply.

"Josh." She repeated, hitting his chest a bit harder.

"Hm?" Josh rolled over and put his arm over her, his eyes still closed. He placed a small kiss on her shoulder.

"Um.." CJ gulped, still staring at the picture on her phone. His dark brown hair was something that she vividly remembered. She could feel the shape of his lips against her. She could feel his saliva down her neck from when he gave her aggressive hickeys, his teeth being forced into her delicate skin.