chapter twenty four :: blame

GUYSGSUSSJDS JOSH TOUCHED ME AND I HELD THE PLATFORM B O T H TIMES AND HE LOOKED DIRECTLY AT ME THIS IS IT MY LIFE IS COMPLETE THIS IS HIM LOOKING AT ME (I went to the Philly show)

also I can confirm his hands are soft and his hand veins made me weak I felt them

- -

"Hey." CJ picked up the phone at the end of the day. Of course, it was Josh.

"Are you okay?" He asked as soon as he heard her voice.

"Yeah," CJ nodded. "I'm just.. tired."

"Me too." Josh replied, then an awkward silence followed.

"It's been hard lately," CJ explained. "Being around Jenna all day. She's hard to talk to. And you actually have a life."

"Y'know, if I'm not busy, I'll always pick up the phone." Josh told her. "Even if I am busy, I'll probably still pick up."

"I know," CJ sighed. "I just don't wanna be too clingy."

"You say clingy like it's a bad thing," Josh said. "I love being called by my girl, even if it is fifty times a day. I would rather talk to you than do anything else in the world, believe it or not."

"I don't believe it." CJ replied.

Josh sighed, but ignored her comment.

"I miss you." CJ whined.

"I miss you too, baby."

"I don't just miss you," CJ started. "I wanna touch your hair and hold your hands and give you a million kisses and my bed is so cold now."

"What about my sweatshirts," Josh reminded her. "Don't they keep you warm?"

"Yeah," CJ nodded. "But I wanna sleep in your shirts."

"You have my shirts too."

"I mean, the shirt that you take off before bed and then I put it on because it smells like you."

"I don't get why you do that," Josh said. "You're sleeping with me anyway."

"The more the merrier." CJ remarked.

"It's okay," Josh smiled. "I get it back and it smells like you."

"Everything just feels better when you're here," CJ told him. "I can't even talk to Jenna. She's trying so hard so I feel kind of bad that I can't talk to her."

"You shouldn't feel bad-"

"I know," CJ cut him off. "I know why. I know that you don't want me to, but she didn't really do anything bad."

"CJ." Josh deadpanned.

"She made a bad decision, Josh." CJ reasoned. "She didn't mean to hurt me."