Chapter 4: XQBREHY is NOT a Word

Steven threw open the door of the house, completely soaked in water and happy to finally be home after everything they'd gone through that day.

"And we'll play board games!" Steven continued what he had been saying, "And we can make together breakfast!"

"That sounds wonderful Steven," Sapphire smiled at how excited he was to see them.

"Steven you're still soaking wet," Pearl rushed around the house to find a towel.

Steven instead rushed to the closet pulling out different games. Ruby and Sapphire made their way to the couch, snuggling close together.

"Why are they sitting so close?" Peridot whispered to Steven and narrowed her eyes at the two gems. She still didn't understand them.

"Because they love each other," Steven said happily, "And when two people love each other they want to be close to each other."

"Is that why she stays fused so often?" Peridot questioned.

"Ha yeah!" Steven smiled and turned his attention back to the piles of board games now littering the floor. "Oh how about this one!" He held up a red box that said in big letters Scrabble.

He started to set up the board game as the gems found their seats around the table. Ruby and Sapphire stayed on the couch with Steven and Pearl next to them. Amethyst and Peridot sat on the floor.

"So," Steven said as he put down the first word horizontally on the board, "When are you guys gonna fuse back?"

The two tensed a bit and Ruby answered, "Soon I guess. After we figure out what happened."

"That is the question," Sapphire nodded, "And Ruby, I know what you're thinking and no that is not a word."

"What?" Ruby glared playfully, "It isn't even my turn yet!" Sapphire just smiled back at her. Ruby rolled her eyes.

"Well we have to do something quick," Amethyst sighed, "I'm not sure how much I can stand of your guy's flirting."

Before long the game was coming close to an end. After a huge argument over whether XQBREHY was really a word that involved lots of yelling and one burnt couch cushion, not to mention Amethyst whining over Pearl winning the game with the word oxazepam, the gems called it a day.