Chapter 14: Cliches

Chapter 14: Cliches

NO.

Ruby jolted upright suddenly, startling Sapphire.

"Ruby, are you ok?" Sapphire asked concerned.

"What?" Ruby asked, "Oh yeah..."

"Ruby," Sapphire placed her hand on Ruby's. Ruby stared at her worried face.

"Yeah?" Ruby asked.

"What happened on the ship?" Sapphire had to know, "When we were separated. They did something to you...didn't they?"

"It's not important," Ruby was straining to keep those memories at bay.

"It's important to me," Sapphire scooted closer to Ruby, "Please. I know you don't want to think about it, but you have to accept what happened. You have to talk about it, you can't just keep it all bottled up inside you."

Ruby couldn't think of a way to get out of answering. She knew Sapphire was right.

"They..." Ruby sighed, staring at nothing, "They took me out of the cell and they...J-Jasper she...I don't know what she did," Ruby subconsciously touched her gem, "But it hurt. And then she kept going on about how she would do so much worse to you and I just...I was so sure I would lose you." Ruby felt tears running down her cheek.

"But you didn't," Sapphire said, "We found each other and that's what's important. Jasper can't hurt you now and she won't hurt me."

"But our..." Ruby said, "But Garnet...we can't..."

"We don't have to," Sapphire hugged Ruby, "We'll find Jasper. And we'll make her regret ever hurting you."

Ruby hugged Sapphire until her tears dried. She pulled away and gave a weak smile.

"Why don't we get our minds off of all this," Sapphire said, "I have a place too."

Ruby and Sapphire walked down, past the beach and the shops until they reached a huge sign that read FUNLAND.

"This is your brilliant idea?" Ruby laughed sarcastically.

"Come on, it's a cliche," Sapphire grinned, "Besides humans do these kinds of things all the time. Might as well see what's so great about it."

"So where should we start?"

"The best option would be..." Sapphire looked into her future vision.

"It would be best to begin with the roller coaster," Sapphire confirmed and the two raced in line. They got seats right in front and it was surprising Ruby didn't get sick.

"That was amazing!" Ruby laughed as they got off slightly dizzy, "Let's go again and this time-"

"How about we do something less intense?" Sapphire suggested as she knew if they went again Ruby wouldn't be so lucky.

"Um..." Ruby looked around, "The Ferris wheel?"

"Sure."

By now it was getting dark and once they reached the top the two gems could see the sun setting on the beach.

"It really is beautiful," Sapphire stared at the glowing landscape dreamily.

"Yeah," Ruby pushed the hair out of Sapphire's eye and looked at her lovingly, "Beautiful."