Chapter 11: Battle of the Barnmates

Chapter 11: Battle Of The Barnmates

Peridot had been sitting on the ground reading when Lapis finally woke up. As she stretched on the hay yawning, she wasn't expecting to see a small green triangle staring at her. Lapis immediately glared.

"Lapis!" Peridot grinned and held out her hand to shake, "Great to see you up again."

"What are you doing here?" She asked, recoiling from her handshake.

"Well I do live here," Peridot laughed still grinning.

"Then I don't want to be anywhere near here," Lapis scowled, growing her wings.

"Why not?" Peridot asked, "It's great here! There's a pile of cans, some left over plane parts-"

"I don't care about your garbage," Lapis grumbled, "I care about getting as far away from you as possible."

"Did I...do something wrong?" Peridot was genuinely confused.

"Do something wrong?!" Lapis yelled, "You kidnapped me! You locked me in a prison cell and refused to let me out!"

Peridot was visibly uncomfortable. "Incorrect!" Peridot frowned. She chose her words as carefully as she could, "We let you out for plenty of breaks!"

"To interrogate me!" Lapis yelled.

"It was a break none-the-less!" Peridot argued.

"Oh please!" Lapis got closer to Peridot, looming over her threateningly, "You and Jasper left me in that prison cell to rot! You didn't even care about anything but what information I could give you! And I have spent months trapped with Jasper. I'm not going to spend any time trapped with you."

Peridot glared at the blue gem in front of her and hid her hurt. "F-Fine!" Peridot yelled and threw her book at Lapis's head, "Go run away from your problems you...you lumpy clumpy clod!"

Lapis glared at Peridot angrily. Peridot, realizing she probably shouldn't of said that, swallowed nervously.

*Approximately 5 Seconds Later*

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Peridot ran away on the beach as Lapis chased after her with giant fists made of water.

She darted around in a zig zag pattern as the fists kept coming down. A giant wave rose out of the water.

Peridot ran towards the beach house desperately.

"RUUUUUN!"