Chapter 10: Over and Over

Steven had barely picked Ruby up when a beam of light shot out of her hand. Steven was so surprised he almost dropped her. Another hologram was playing out of her hand.

The same scene as before played. Garnet was running through the forest as it disappeared. Sapphire became dust, scattered to the winds. The same terrible voices shouted out.

Steven was so shocked he didn't even move, just watched, horrified.

"Sapphire help!" Dream Ruby yelled.

"Ha! She'll be shattered before you know it." Jasper.

"I'm sorry." Ruby.

"-hijacking is almost-" An official voice.

"It's worked once." Jasper.

"Steven!" Pearl's voice yelled out and this time Steven did drop Ruby, on accident of course.

He turned around to see Pearl, Amethyst, and Sapphire standing behind him, the later two staring at where the hologram was.

Ruby was awake now. She clutched her head somewhat in pain, and although she didn't mention it her gem felt a bit tingly.

"Wow..." Amethyst muttered. All of them felt slightly guilty for watching that.

Ruby, realizing what the others saw, grew red. Not only was she embarrassed but she knew it would bring up questions she couldn't answer.

"Let's go," Sapphire walked over to Ruby and put a hand on her shoulder. Her presence was reassuring and Ruby felt somewhat better.

Once they got back to the house, Amethyst got an idea. Running into her room, she disappeared for a few seconds. The sounds of clanging rang out from the open doorway and a loud crash before Amethyst ran back out again.

"Ta-da!" Amethyst held something out to Ruby who hesitantly took them, "They're gloves!" Ruby looked at her confused, "To cover up the holograms."

Ruby slid on the fingerless black cloth gloves and examined them closely.

"Thanks," Ruby smiled gratefully at Amethyst.

"-aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" A sudden, panicked scream slowly got closer until the door swung open.

"RUUUUUN!" Peridot yelled and shut herself in the bathroom, hiding in the bathtub.

"What the-" Pearl turned to the window, "Oh no."

"Uh," Steven starred at the giant wave rising out of the ocean, "I think Lapis is awake."