Chapter 27: Lonely

Chapter 27: Lonely

"How long has she been out there?" Amethyst asked as she looked out the window to where Peridot sat, ignoring the now dying down rain. Small droplets fell down around her, causing her hair to fall flat and her body to shiver involuntarily.

"I'm going to go talk to her," Steven said and grabbed an umbrella before he left. Walking down the steps he made his way to Peridot who once again was so deep in thought, Steven almost couldn't get her attention.

"Peridot?" Steven said for the third time before she finally turned towards him.

"Oh hi Steven," She greeted bleakly.

Steven sighed giving her a knowing look, "Come on." He held out his hand for her. Peridot hesitantly took it, standing under the umbrella with him.

Steven lead her inside and decided to take her into the bathroom, one reason being privacy and he also wanted to grab a towel so she could dry herself off.

"So what's wrong?" Steven started, not bothering to sugar coat anything.

"Nothing," Peridot grumbled while drying her hair, "I'm fine."

"And that's why you've been avoiding everyone?" Steven raised an eyebrow, "And why you won't talk to us?"

Peridot stared at him. What was she suppose to say?

"Alright," She sighed, "Im not fine. Happy?"

"Not really."

"Then why did you make me say it?!"

"Just keep talking," Steven gave her a reassuring smile, "It might help."

"Well..." Peridot said uncomfortably, "I just feel like...all this is...my.....fault." Peridot looked at him anxiously awaiting his response.

"What?" Steven said, "This wasn't your fault. You didn't know Lapis would...go rogue. You couldn't of."

"Right," Peridot sighed, letting out a small breath of relief before saying in a sarcastic tone, "Even though I live with her and see her everyday and..." She looked at Steven with a look of stale realization, "I miss her."

"We all do," Steven said, "But once we talk to her I'm sure she'll be able to explain."

"If we talk to her," Peridot grumbled. The gems didn't seem to eager to hear anyone out at the moment.

"Hey," Steven put a hand on Peridot's shoulder, "It'll be ok."

"Wow...thanks Steven," Peridot smiled at him weakly.

"Lets go back out there," He said. The two walked out of the bathroom, Peridot feeling slightly better than she had before.