Chapter 22: Battle Stance

It wasn't unusual for Amethyst to go missing since she was prone to hiding out in her room among her things. Still Pearl needed to find her since one of her axes were missing and Amethyst was the likely suspect.

"Have you guys seen Amethyst anywhere?" Pearl called up to Steven, Connie, Ruby, and Sapphire who were sitting upstairs talking about some book.

"She warped out of here a few minutes ago," Sapphire answered, "She said she was visiting some old friends."

"Old friends?" Pearl asked confused before the realization dawned on her, "Oh she wouldn't!" She looked at Sapphire who simply nodded.

"I'll be right back," Pearl grumbled as she walked to the warp pad and was teleported to the bleak and eerie kindergarten.

"Amethyst?" She called out walking down the pathway towards where she remembered her hole to be. "Amethyst!"

She stood in the pathway, squinting her eyes through the fog that surrounded the holed walls. She could almost make out a figure standing in the distance seemingly running away in the other direction now. Pearl was about to follow and call out for Amethyst when something barreled into her and dragged her swiftly into a hole.

"What the-" A hand covered Pearl's mouth muffling the end of her sentence.

"Shhhhh," Amethyst, who had pulled Pearl into her own hole, urgently shushed her and gave her a semi-fearful look.

"What do you think you're doing?" Pearl whispered harshly.

"There's someone out there," Amethyst explained hurriedly, "I came over here to...uh think and junk-and out of nowhere I almost ran face first into an injector."

"So?"

"So it looked brand new!" Amethyst raised her voice a bit before quieting back down, "Someone's been tampering with them. I think they're trying to fix them...there's hundreds of them out there Pearl. Hundreds of new, working injectors. Can you even imagine what would happen?"

Pearl paled slightly. She had saw a figure in the fog but it wasn't Amethyst. And she could definitely imagine what would happen, she had witnessed it happen the first time.

"We need to tell the others," Pearl nodded surely.

"Let's go."

•••••

A/N Hey guys, how's it going? I just wanted to say thank you for all the votes and-wait was that I just heard? Shameless self-promotion, is that you?

I just published a new book called Why'd You Have to Go? that's a Pearlmethyst story. The official description:

Pearl loses her memory during a mission and it greatly affects a certain member of the Crystal Gems.

Anyways, thank you again for reading! Remember to vote and comment. (This chapter is just the beginning of the downward spiral to come.)

-SRT
P.S. #savethechairs2K17