Chapter 23: Definitely A Hufflepuff

The gems had known Ruby was acting different. Ruby's episode earlier had merely confirmed their suspicions. And just like Peridot said Ruby realized she was forgetting things more and more lately. They were just little things now, thankfully, and were disappearing at random.

Peridot suspected Homeworld would have trouble getting rid of her memories and knowledge if she kept adding to it. Something about how Homeworld would have to take the time to root through all the extra information.

In a matter of a few weeks Ruby had read every book in the house and more than half of the books in the local library.

She and Sapphire had made a habit of sitting and reading together. They would sit on the couch and Ruby would read out loud to Sapphire who would endure her long rants at times. Sometimes Pearl or Steven or even Amethyst would sit in to listen to a few chapters (after all Ruby is quite the dramatic story teller). Other times Ruby would forget about a book completely and got to experience it all over again.

A few nights, her and Connie would talk together about the various books they've read lately.

"The book is so much better than the movie!" Ruby glared at the TV in disgust while waving a copy of The Sea of Monsters in the air.

"That's what I said!" Connie and Steven laughed at the same time.

"Oh and guys, I almost forgot!" Connie pulled out her phone and handed it to Ruby. "You and Sapphire should take this quiz. It's important, trust me."

"Hufflepuff?!" Ruby exclaimed dramatically, "Are you kidding me?"

"I happen to love Hufflepuffs," Sapphire smiled, "They're very under appreciated."

"Some great wizards have come out of Hufflepuff you know," Connie pointed out.

"Like me!" Steven laughed.

"Gems!" Pearl said as she and Amethyst warped in suddenly, "We have a problem."

"What is it?" Connie stood up.

"We've noticed activity in the Kindergarten," Pearl said.

Amethyst nodded, "Someone's trying to start it back up again and they're almost done."