Chapter 12: Lapis That Is NOT How We Make Friends

"Uh," Steven starred at the giant wave rising out of the ocean, "I think Lapis is awake."

"YOU THINK!" Peridot screeched from the bathroom.

"What did you do?!" Pearl opened the bathroom door and looked accusingly at Peridot.

"Well it's not my fault!" Peridot threw her arms up in exasperation, "I saw that she was awake and tried to engage in friendly conversation and out of nowhere she starts yelling at me! It wasn't my fault that she had such useful information! No, no, this could not possibly be my fault! One can only conclude-"

"Will you please be quiet for a moment," Sapphire interrupted her, "It is more important at the moment that we stop Lapis from drowning the town."

"Right." The thought of talking to Lapis again filled Steven with determination. He marched outside and yelled as loud as he could, "LAPIS! LAPIS!"

Lapis, who was riding on top of her giant wave, turned to look at Steven.

"Oh, Steven!" Lapis smiled and her wave shrunk down to the front of the house.

"Lapis, would you mind not destroying the whole town? I kind of live here..." Steven laughed nervously.

"What? Oh right, this..." She stepped onto the porch. The wave fell down completely and flowed back into the ocean, "Sorry. I woke up and the first thing I saw..." She looked past Steven and her expression hardened, "Was her."

"Peridot?" Steven turned around, "She's ok now though!"

When Peridot saw Lapis looking at her she ran back into the bathroom, then screamed, and came back out soaking wet and glaring. Lapis meanwhile was just smirking.

"You actually might be living with her for a while...haha," Steven smiled and grabbed Lapis's hand, dragging her into the living room, "But I'm sure you guys will get along!"

Lapis looked at Steven unsure. Her wings grew out of her back and she flew out of the house but not before dousing Peridot with sink water.

Steven grinned at the dripping Peridot, "I think she's warming up to you."