Chapter 13: What's A Date?

It'd been a week since Garnet unfused. Ruby and Sapphire were slowly getting more used to being apart although not necessarily enjoying it too much.

"I'm bored," Ruby whined. She was lying her head on Sapphire's lap while Sapphire played with her hair.

"Inevitable," Sapphire said.

Ruby gave an annoyed sigh and said sarcastically, "So let's do something about it."

"As the path of fate shall decide."

"Ugh come on!" Ruby stood up and pulled Sapphire off the couch, "Let's go do something. Together."

"Alright," Sapphire smiled, "Where to?"

Ruby just smiled. "I know a place."

"Oh do you now?" Sapphire joked.

"Yes as a matter of fact I do!" Ruby said, "And no future vision either."

They walked down past the beach and through town.

"Where are we going?" Sapphire asked.

Ruby jokingly covered her eye with her hands, "No peeking!"

Sapphire laughed, rolling her eye. They eventually made it to the outskirts of town to small lagoon and a huge hill.

"Why-" Sapphire began to ask but Ruby grabbed her hand and began to race up the giant hill.

"Ruby!" Sapphire laughed surprised.

"Come on!" Ruby chuckled, picking the blue gem up into her arms. Sapphire was smiling widely at Ruby who finally made it to the top of the cliff.

She set Sapphire down softly on the grass and they gazed out at the view in wonder. All of Beach City was spread out before them in the dazzling early morning light. The beach's waves were calm and it was quiet.

"It's amazing," Sapphire said. Ruby rested her head on Sapphire's shoulder.

"I told you," She grinned. They sat down on the grass, just appreciating each other's company and the peacefulness of the view before them.

Ruby couldn't of been happier. That is until she realized how tired that run had made her. She felt almost as if she could just doze off...for a few minutes...if she were to just lay down on the grass...and close her eyes.