11| Walking Away*

***

"Harry's starting to get on my nerves." Cisco mumbled as he looked over at Wells who was working on something at the other end of the room. "The silent alarm just went off at the Bank of Central City."

Hearing the news everyone gathered around Cisco to decide what our next move was. "That's gotta be Doctor Light." Barry stated.

"Could be a trap." Wells quickly reminded us.

"Barry, trust me, Doctor Light is not a killer." Jay assured. "You can talk to her."

"Okay." Barry agreed before he left the room his tracker showed us that he was already at the bank but we still hadn't heard anything back from him.

"Barry, what's happening?" Cisco asked anxiously.

"I can't see. Guys, I can't see." Barry suddenly informed us in a panicked tone. From his tracker we saw a Barry somehow made his way back into the lab but not before falling over a table as he sped in. Caitlin immediately rushed over as she helped him sit on the medical bed to begin examining him. "I still can't see." Barry complained. "How long is this gonna last?"

"You're suffering from solar retinopathy. Your retinas are severely damaged." Caitlin informed as she took off her gloves. "You're lucky you're not permanently blind. But with your rapid regeneration abilities, your sight should return soon."

Well's who had been pacing around the room the entire time stopped in front of Barry in irritation. "All this could have been avoided if you just stopped Light instead of chitchatting with her."

"She caught Barry off guard." Jay defended.

"Always an excuse with you, right? He's the fastest man alive. How could she possibly do that?"

"Because Light looks exactly like my ex-girlfriend, Linda Park." Barry explained as he blinked a couple of times before rubbing his eyes.

"That's why Zoom sent her because he knew you'd hesitate." Wells said in realization.

Jay nodded as he took the new information in. "That means Zoom had to have known somehow that Linda was your ex."

"Which is why Barry has to act now, before Zoom sends another double from Barry's life." Wells argued the tension between the two only growing stronger.

"All right, right now, I'm more worried about Linda." Barry quickly interjected wanting to avoid another argument. "When I saw who was under the mask, I said her name. What if Light didn't even realize that she had a doppelganger here until I accidentally told her? The first thing that Atom Smasher did when he crossed the breach was to kill his doppelgänger."

"Yeah, but Light's not like Atom Smasher." Jay continued to argue.

"We should keep an eye on your Linda." Wells suggested as Barry quickly stood up in agreement.

"All right, I'll go." Barry began to walk before he walked into Caitlin. "Sorry." He mumbled before he turned around bumping into me. "Sorry." He repeated as he stumbled before walking around me only to bump into Cisco this time. "Sorry."

"Bro." Cisco complained as he walked out into the Cortex his foot getting caught on one of the tables knocking down a bunch of files.

"Barry!" Caitlin exclaimed in frustration as she forced him to sit down.

"What? Ooh!" Barry mumbled. "Okay, okay."

"You can't do anything until your sight returns." Wells told him in an accusing tone.

"I'll go keep an eye on Linda." Jay offered and Caitlin Immediately walked over to him.

"I'll go with you." Caitlin said as she grabbed the keys to one of the van leaving the room with Jay. A few minutes later Iris walked into the room before stopping in her tracks at the sight if Wells. She shook her head before walking over to Barry as Cico and I began to clean up the mess Barry created.