39| Return to Star City*

***

After the extremely long night with King Shark it was such a relief to get to my apartment. I kicked off my heels letting them fall on the floor with Barry following slowly behind me, his hands in his jacket pockets.

"So, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked Barry, sitting on the couch as he did the same. He looked at me for a moment opening his mouth, but then looked away shaking his head. "What? What is it?"

"It's just...I don't know where to start. I have a feeling you might freak out." He told me and I felt my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion not really understanding what it was he wanted to tell me. And why I would freak out about it.

"Just tell me. You're freaking me out by not telling me."

Barry sighed as he shifted to face me, taking both of my hands in his. "It's about Earth 2." He continued slowly and I nodded for him to continue. "I'm going to tell you about what happened, what I know. But you have to do the same. I need some answers too."

"Okay...but I don't know if I have the answers your looking for." I replied, he didn't have to tell me much to know where he was going with this conversation. He wanted to talk about his relationship with Iris, and what was going on with the Earth 2 versions of ourselves. This was something that I have been thinking about all week too. But I didn't know anything about what happened.

"Just...listen. On Earth 2 we're married. Or...we were married...before you went all rogue and sided with Zoom." He told me quickly, that it was almost hard to keep up with what he was staying, but I still heard every word. Barry paused to take in my reaction but I really didn't have one, I just starred at him blankly. And it wasn't because I wasn't shocked because I was, but the concept was something that was hard to wrap my mind around. "Okay...that wasn't the reaction that I was hoping for...which I probably going to make what I'm going to say worse. Our Earth 2 doppelgängers were married...and they had kids together. Twins actually."

"Twins?" Was all I was able to say as Barry's grip on my hands tightened.

"Yes, twins. Two great kids." He continued as a small smile came across his face. "Their names are Don and Dawn."

"God, those are horrible names." I stated as I stood up a part of me needing space, and I could see why Barry was so reluctant on telling me all of this. "Almost as bad as Bartholomew."

"I guess it must run in the family." Barry muttered as he stood up forcing me to look him in the eyes. "And um...after Earth 2 you sided with Zoom, Iris..."

"Iris stepped in." I finished, able to figure out that much on my own. And although I had learned to put that future newspaper in the past I couldn't help but remember the fact that Barry was meant to marry Iris in the future. "You said that you wanted to know what I knew?"

"I just want to know why Earth 2 you would side with Zoom. What would drive her to go dark when she had everything?"

"She did it for you. Well, not for you but Earth 2 you and their kids." I stated in realization taking a seat again as Barry followed. "Zoom must be using them against her, that's why she's doing everything he ask."

Barry placed his hand on my knee and I could already see that he was a lot less tense. "You know it feels so much better not keep secrets from each other."