20| Dark Times*

***

"Kendra, you said you were drawn there." Oliver asked no that we were back inside of the hideout with the rest of the team.

"Yeah." Kendra muttered slowly.

"I think you're drawn to things that destroy you the same way you two are drawn to each other."

"That's why it wasn't in any museum or private collection, because it was consecrated eight months ago at St.Mark's in Central City." Felicity informed us as she looked up from her computer.

"We've got to get it before Savage does." Barry said slightly less stressed about this situation after his conversation with Oliver.

"Carter, stay here." Oliver ordered.

"I'm not going anywhere." Carter assured him.

"Call Thea and Digg, and we'll have them and Diane hold down the fort in case Savage shows up." Oliver stated as he looked at me for conformation and I nodded in response.

"Kendra, last year, I lost my powers. The only way I could get them back is if I just forgot about everything happening around me and focused on who I was." Barry reassured her. "Just believe in yourself, and your true self will emerge."

"Thanks." She muttered thankfully.

"Hey, are you sure that you want to do this?" Felicity asked nervously. "If this guy's immortal and Merlyn's right about how powerful this staff is..."

"We'll be fine." Barry assured her before looking over at Oliver. "Kiss her."

"We'll be fine." Oliver repeated as he placed a kiss on Felicity's head. Barry looked at me hesitantly for a moment wanting to say something.

"We're going now." Barry muttered awkwardly.

"I can see that." I replied unsure of what exactly he wanted me to say back. He nodded slowly as he and Oliver walked over to where there suits were on their displays.

"Careful." Felicity called out in unison as they both left.

"Jinx" Felicity immediately exclaimed as she looked at me with a triumphant smile.

***

I watched as Oliver paced back and forth across the porch of the house, Oliver has always felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders but this seemed like so much more than that. "So are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?"

"Where's Barry?" Oliver asked clearly wanting to change the subject.

"It's Barry, he's late." I told him as the S.TA.R. Labs van came into view. "They're here."

Oliver and I met them at the van as we helped them take down some of the equipment form the van. "A bunch of superheroes in a farmhouse?" Thea muttered as she looked around. "I feel like I've seen that in a movie before."

"We need a secure location." Oliver replied.

"What's wrong with S.T.A.R. Labs?" Caitlin asked clearly offended.

"Well, I mean, absolutely nothing if you forget about the revolving door you guys installed so the bad guys can come and go as they please."

"Remind me again what happened to your old lair, or the one before that." She immediately countered.

"Well, lair number one was compromised by the police, and..." Felicity stopped rambling after realizing that Oliver was giving her a disapproving look. "...I will stop helping."