51| Back From the Speedforce

***

"So how do we know this is safe?" Cisco asked nervously as I placed the cap on his head. We spent what already seemed most of the night to come to this plan, which even I had to admit wasn't offering much hope of being successful. 

"Well, define safe." I replied as I made sure everything once in place before handing Cisco the remains of Barry's suit.

"Safe, as in my brain's not gonna melt."

"No. It's a simple feedback loop, Ramon, all right?" Harrison replied with irritation as he finished his set up. "When you vibe on Barry, your brain waves send me the necessary data to pinpoint whatever dimensional pocket or corner of the universe that Barry is stuck in."

"And then we'll electrically stimulate your prefrontal cortex while opening a breach, which gives you physical access to Barry and lets you be the beacon to guide him home." I continued, a small flare of hope starting inside of me.

"Simple feedback loop."

"I'm sorry." Cisco said looking at me wide eyed. "Did you say electrically stimulate?" 

"Cisco, if your not comfortable you don't have to do this." I attempted assure him. "I'm sure we can find another..."

"Ramon, do you want to bring Barry back or not?" Wells questioned accusingly, and I couldn't imagine the pressure that Cisco was probably feeling. He was the only way that we could possibly get to Barry and if he didn't agree to this we were at a dead end.

"Okay." Cisco agree but I could still see some uncertainty in his eyes. And although siding with wells wasn't something that I normally did, I knew he was right and we really had no other choice Cisco had to do this.

Cisco took a seat as I handed him the remains of Barry's Flash suit. I quickly joined Harrison beside the console as he started up the machine. Immediately Cisco got a distant look in his eyes telling us that he was successfully able to vibe.

"Barry! Barry, turn around! Barry!" Cisco began to shout, as a pained look took over his face. And it was becoming clear that doing this was difficult and was taking Cisco a lot of energy to keep contact. "Take my hand! Do it. Take my hand."

"Just hang on a little longer, Ramon a little longer." Harrison continued to mutter and as the seconds ticked by I found myself desperately clutching the table. Hoping that it would would work and that we would have Barry back home.

"Hey, you're killing him!" Iris' voice echoed through the room and I was snapped back to reality. And the hope that I felt only a couple of seconds ago was replaced with disbelief and guilt. Seeing how shaken Cisco looked, I couldn't believe that I let it go as far as I did. "Cisco! Hey, Cisco, can you hear me?"

I rushed over to Cisco as Iris attempted to get him back to reality. He still seemed disoriented until he finally looked up at us.

"I saw him. Barry he turned to me." Cisco attempted to desperately explain to us, guilt written all over his face. "I'm sorry. I lost him."

"It's okay Cisco." I assured him though I'm sure the disappointment was clear in my voice."It's okay."

I stepped off to the side to think about what we could possibly do next, our plan with Cisco was the only plan that we had. Now we didn't have any other options left, and we had too much on our hands to just focus on one thing. No matter how much it hurt for me to admit it we now had to shift our focus. "Were you able to locate Tony?" I questioned as I turned to Joe and Iris.

"We got some hits. Figured out where he's headed and what he's after." Joe explained but he seemed reluctant to continue.

"He's after me... again." Iris added when she realized that her father wasn't going to continue. "I can bring him over here, the problem is how we're going to stop him."