18| Never Ending Problems

***

After my talk with Tigress I told the team everything she told me, but everything she told me still didn't help us solve our problem with Zoom.

"Do you think you can get anything else out of her?" Caitlin suddenly asked as we drank our usual morning coffee together.

"She hates Zoom that much was obvious." I replied, still thinking about everything she told me and a part of me couldn't help but remember what Dr. Wells told me about my future.

"Everyone hates Zoom. Especially after what happened." She muttered referring to what he did so Barry. Leaning forward on the counter with her coffee cup still in hand, she had an almost desperate look in her eyes. "Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask her again. I mean she did tell you something."

"I don't think so." I told her honestly. "We're lucky she even told us what she did, I mean Zoom has something against her. Whatever it is...it has to be important for her not wanting to help us defeat Zoom."

"It's just for one I want us to be one step ahead of our villain not a hundred steps behind. Because then people get hurt."

I sighed knowing that she was thinking about Ronnie and Eddie. "How about we head over to S.T.A.R. Labs now?" I suggested as I stood up walking over to the sink to wash my coffee cup. "Who knows maybe today we'll actually get a break and nothing crazy will happen."

Caitlin rolled her eyes as she pulled on her coat. "Come on Diane when are we ever that lucky?"

***

Caitlin and I walked into the lab to find Wells studying Barry as he trained on the treadmill. The three of us stood there trying to figure out how to help Barry get faster. Caitlin kept a steady eye on his vitals and smiled as Barry hit his usual speed. "He just hit 1,375."

"What's the fastest Barry's run?" Wells asked us never taking his eyes of of Barry.

"Little over Mach two, when he ran back in time." I replied as we continued to observe Barry through the glass.

"That's not good." Wells muttered in disapproval before he turned on the mic. "That's good, Barry." He announce before moving his hand from the button and turning towards us. "We have our work cut out for us."

Barry walked out of the treadmill room catching his breath as he walked over to us. "I'm not getting faster, am I?"

"Well..." Caitlin and I began at the same time not really knowing what to say.

"No, you're not." Wells bluntly replied.

"All right, well, let's fix this, right?" Barry asked as if was really that simple. "I mean, I can't beat Zoom at this speed. It felt like I was standing still next to him."

"That's because you practically were." Wells told him. "Zoom is at least three, four times faster than you at this point."

"How is he so much faster than Barry is and Jay was?" Caitlin asked the question that we have all been asking ourselves.

"Physiology, form, strength, could be a number of things Attitude, diet..."

"Okay, all right, well, there's got to be something we can do about it, so let's just figure it out - fast, okay?" Barry ordered before his phone vibrated. He looked down at his phone in annoyance before looking back at us. "All right, I got to go."

Barry left the room leaving us with a very displeased Harry who was clearly extremely eager to have Zoom out of the picture. "So how are we going to help Barry?" Caitlin asked. "I'm out of ideas, and we've tried everything you've suggested?"