27| The Search for Turtle*

***

"As some of you may well know, I've been deeply embroiled in a secret, one-sided battle with an invisible enemy." Cisco announced once everyone had gathered in the Cortex.

"Is this about The Turtle?" I asked wanting to get to the point of what ever he was trying to tell us.

"What? What is the..." Barry began to say as he looked at the rest of the team in confusion. "or who is the Turtle?"

"It's Cisco's white whale." Caitlin replied.

"Half whale, half turtle." Jay guessed earning a groan of irritation form Cisco.

"No. Do you see what you're doing, Caitlin?" Cisco scolded. "Everybody's confused now."

Harry who had been quiet throughout most of our discussion seemed to get more annoyed by the second. "Get to it Ramon."

"I stumbled upon a few of these cases when we were looking for the Reverse Flash, robberies that were seemingly committed at high speed people holding their beloved items one second." Cisco then continued to explain to us. "Those items were gone the next. Tell me what you see." He declared as he pulled up some security footage for us all to see.

The footage showed everyone suddenly freeze as one man casually walked up to the artifact and taking it with him before everyone recovered from their frozen state to realize that their artifact was missing.

"So he can what? Stop time?" Caitlin guessed as Cisco rewinded the footage for us to take a closer look.

"No, no, no. Look at the time code. It's still running."

"Yeah, okay. So if he's not stopping time, what is he doing?" Barry asked, just like the rest of us still confused on what exactly Cisco's point was.

"He's slowing down everything around him. And that is why we call him the Turtle." Cisco announce clearly proud of himself.

"Why have you never mentioned this guy to me before?"

"Oh, I don't know, I think we've just been a little distracted, you know, what with Captain Cold and the Weather Wizard and Gorilla Grodd." Cisco began to sarcastically list. "Do I need to go on?"

"Okay, so if we can catch him," Jay began to say. "figure out how he uses his powers...."

"Maybe we can show Zoom what life is like in the slow lane."

"How would you even know where to find him?" Harry asked with his usual pessimistic attitude.

Barry walked behind the computers that Caitlin and I were seated in front of as I pushed my chair to the side to use my computer. Using his superspeed he began scrolling through articles before he found the one he was looking for. "Well, the robberies in the videos all correspond with police reports that were dismissed as lost or missing items instead of thefts."

"The suspect's M.O. being..." Jay asked as Barry looked up from the computer screen.

"Items of immense personal value." He replied before he rushed out of the room along with his suit. Seeing g as he didn't give us an explanation to where he was headed of to I looked over that the computer that Barry was using to check the article.

"It looks like there's a press conference at CCPD, because the Vandervoort diamonds have just been recovered." I informed the team earning an excited smile from Cisco.

"From Hell's heart, I stab at thee." He stated dramatically as he looked of into the distance. Not even two minutes passed before Barry rushed back into the room empty-handed.