56| Ready to Run*

***

"In position." I said as I bent down behind some crates where I had the perfect angle to where we wanted Zoom to be. A couple feet away I could see him working on the magnetar, and hopefully if everything went to plan that thing would be destroyed by the end of tonight.

"Copy that." Harrison's voice was heard from the earpiece that I was wearing. After that everyone began to confirm their positions, meaning that we were now ready to go. "Okay. Snow, you ready?"

"As ready as I can be." Caitlin's shaky voice was heard, but thankfully she was in the safety of the company van along with Iris.

"Cisco." Joe asked from his location across from me. "Cisco, you good?"

"Define good."

"Ramon. You're gonna be great." Harrison assured him, and it was a relief to know I wasn't the only one with their heart beating rapidly against their chest. I wasn't usually this nervous when doing a job like this, but there was so much more at stake than the destruction of Star City. "Crock how are you?"

"Ready." Was all I said as I double checked Cisco's boot, the last thing we needed was for this thing to fail on us.

"Snow. When you're ready." Harrison said from his location, and from where I was hidden I watched as Caitlin's hologram began to interact with Zoom. Although I couldn't hear what Caitlin was saying to Hunter it seemed to be working as he stepped closer to her almost at the spot where we wanted him.

"Cisco, get ready." Harry ordered from his position, and hearing this I also got ready as I aimed the device in my hands. I felt my hands begin to shake as pointed the boot to the place where Zoom had now found himself in as he tried to kill Caitlin only to discover that it wasn't really her, but a hologram. "Now, Ramon!"

The instant that Cisco opened the breach I stood up pulling the trigger shooting the dampening device, and I felt a rush of relief as it hit it's target. The dampening device now tightly wrapped around Zoom's neck as he desperately attempted to remove it. Everything seemed to fall silent as I waited for him to be hit with the tranquilizer, but he never did.

"Tranq him!" I heard Harrison order, we we're running out of time and this plan would only work if it was executed quickly. "Tranq him!"

"Guns jammed!" Joe informed us, and immediately I felt in the back of my quiver for the tranq arrows that I thankfully still had. But as I positioned my arrow I watched as Joe ran out from where he was positioned and towards Zoom who was still trying to remove the dampening device from his neck.

Joe then succeeded in injecting Zoom with a couple of tranquilizers, however as he stumbled backwards he got a hold of Joe. Almost out of instinct I jumped down from the building that I was on top of landing a couple feet in front of Zoom and Joe.

In a split second I grabbed the whip that was hanging off my hip, and in one simple motion it wrapped around Joe's ankle. I held on tightly to the handle as I pulled back. Realistically I knew that it was a futile plan, and I was about to let go of the whip when suddenly I was pulled forward.

And it was too late.

And the familiar sensation that came when traveling through a breach washed over me. 

***

After going through the breach everything else was a blur, and now I was struggling to force my eyes open. The only thing I was sure about was the pain in the back of my head, and as everything that came rushing back I felt incredibly reckless. Not only only was it Joe's life that's on the line, but mine too. And I could only imagine the dilemma that the team is now in.