59| End of the Day

***

Oliver made Diggle, Lyla and I wait a couple of buildings away from where he and Darhk were currently fighting. We were to wait for his signal, but that was a very hard thing to do when it was slowly becoming clear that Darhk had the advantage here.

Of course he did. He was a former member of the League of Assassins, who like me, was raised from the moment he was born to become a killer. Oliver wasn't, he was able to enjoy his childhood. Meaning he wasn't heartless like Damien Darhk.

But when all seemed lost the people of Star City came in defense of the vigilante that they once feared, this action all giving Oliver the hope and strength he needed to disable Darks powers. No all he had to rely on was his skill set.

And although Darhk wasn't was strong as he was before he was still gaining the upper hand on Oliver. I was itching to get out there and help Oliver and I knew that Diggle was too. And her seemed to know exactly what I was thinking as we shared a look and ran into the scene, deciding not to wait for Oliver signal. This had to end now.

I had an arrow aimed straight at Dark as both Diggle and Lyla had their guns aimed ahead. This was a man that my father hated and one thing that I remembered very well was his obsession to kill him, because he failed to do so in his youth.

"You brought friends." Darhk stated as he looked at us this a hint of amusement in his eyes. "That's ok. So did I."

Suddenly what seemed like hundreds of Darhk's Ghost soldiers were surrounding us and without a word for Oliver. Without a signal everyone including the civilians ran forward ready to fight.

"Darhk's mine." Oliver yelled now lost somewhere in the crowd. We didn't say a word to each other before we joined the people of Star City in taking out the Ghost soldiers. I was surprised how they were able to stand their own, using everyday appliances as weapons against these highly trained Ghost soldiers.

I continued to fight, yet I did it mindlessly as I continued to search for Paula. Throughout this whole exchange I still hadn't seen the one woman that I left the comfort of my apartment for, and I needed to find her. Needed to end what now seemed like an never-ending battle between us too. Because I couldn't keep living this way.

I ripped my the arrow out the Ghost's chest. I was running dangerously low on arrows. I didn't need them, but the bow and arrow had always been my weapon of choice and they were less lethal than the blades I was carrying behind my back.

"Looking for me?" I heard a voice say, and as I turned around I released my bow letting it fall to the floor. This was a weapon that I wouldn't be needing, so pulled out one of me blades from its scabbard on my back and turned to face the woman that I have hated my whole life.

Seeing her in front of me with a satisfied smile on her face only fueled my hatred. I felt my grip on the blade in my hand tighten. The thought of killing her had crossed my mind many times before this moment, and regardless of what she has done to me a part of me wanted to believe that she could change.

I watched as she pulled out one of her blades. She was expecting a fight.

Whether she wanted to kill me or not was still unclear to me. But I wouldn't give her what she wanted. Not anymore.

"I don't want to fight." I told her, and at first I wasn't sure if she had heard me through the fighting going on around us, but the smile on her lips told me she had. "I want to talk. We've never talked."

"Your actions speak louder than your words Artemis." My mother said as she circled around me and although she made no move to attack I still paid close attention to her every move. She has never been a person you could trust. "You have made it very clear that we do not see eye to eye."