28| A Night Out*

***

"All right. Keep your eyes open for the Turtle." Barry instructed as we walked into the exhibit room. "A sentence I never thought I would say."

"Cisco, are you and Harry in position?" I asked as the four of us came to a stop in front to the painting.

"I'm the security feed. I've got the facial recognition software running, so we'll be able to spot Turtle before he makes his move." Cisco assured us.

"We should probably split up." Caitlin suggested and without another word she and Jay walked of in another direction. I knew that this was mostly just Caitlin's way of getting some alone time with Jay which she hasn't been able to get cause of everything going on.

"I'll get us some drinks." Barry said before he walked into the crowd of people. I turned to look at the painting that Turtle was supposedly after and the more I looked at it the more I thought about why a simple painting would be so valuable.

"Have you ever heard of fate?" I turned around at the sound of the voice to find Ethan standing behind me.

"No. But I have heard of stalking." I replied as I started getting an uneasy feeling, this was to much of a coincidence. He chuckled as he took a couple of steps closer.

"Not that I don't mind running into you especially when you look this beautiful." He continued  as he continued smiling at me. "Are you here alone?"

"No, she's not." Barry replied for me as he walked over to us.

"I'm Ethan." He greeted as he extended his hand which Barry took.

"Barry." He replied as they continued shaking each other's hands firmly.

Not completely sure what was going on I placed one hand on Barry's chest as I pushed him back a little. "Well I think we're going to go." I told Ethan before I tok Barry's hand pulling him into another room.

"Do you want to dance?" Barry asked before I even had a chance to ask him what was going on with him.

"I'd love to." I replied taking Barry's hand and leading him to the dance floor. Barry placed his hands on my waist as I put mine around his next as we moved slowly along with the music. After a while I noticed that Barry seemed lost at thought.

"Say it." I stated after a while as Barry gave me a confused look. "Say it. Whatever it is you want to say."

"I want to say it, but every time I'm about to something always gets in the way."

"Just say it. There's nothing stopping you from saying whatever it is that you want to say."

"I love you." He quickly stated as we both came to a stop. "I love you so much and you don't know how much I regret ever letting you walk away. You don't know how hard it is to see you every day and not being able to tell you how much I do. Because there's days that I wake up wanting to kiss you and your not there. I know it might be to late..."

"It's not." I quickly told him.

"What?"

"Barry, it's not too late. Because I..." I stopped as I noticed a man in a black hoodie standing close to the painting. I pressed the on the earpiece to communicate it with the rest of the team as Barry looked back to see what I was looking at. "I have eyes on Turtle."

"Copy that." Cisco replied. "Make sure everyone is out of there."

"Go." I told him before he sped off. "Everyone get out!" I yelled out as everyone turned towards me.