50| The Walking Dead*

***

Time seemed to not exist as we stood there in silence. I didn't even realize that I was now kneeled down on the floor holding onto what was left of Barry' suit. I was too in shock to cry or even feeling anything at all. For a split second it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest, and as I clutched Barry's suit to my chest I was desperate to feeling anything. Anger. Hate. Sadness. But there was nothing.

Nothing, until I heard someone calling out my name and then placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and  it wasn't surprising that the first emotions that surfaced were anger and hatred when I saw Harrison."

"Crock I'm..." He was just able to get out a few words because before I even knew it I had him pinned on the floor with my hand around his throat."

"This is on you Harrison." I said through gritted teeth, and as what I was doing began to settle in I realized that out of everyone in the room no one was trying to stop me. Whether they were still in shock or they knew I wasn't really going to hurt Harrison I wasn't  sure.

"Sorry." He struggled to say under my grip. And I slowly released, because in reality this wasn't his fault. Sure he pushed the idea, but this was Barry's choice. And Barry's choice alone. "I'm so sorry."

I stood up on shaky legs still feeling all that anger inside of me, and I had no one to direct it to. So that anger became replaced with hurt and heartbreak.

I slowly walked  out of the room needing fresh air, I felt like the walls were closing in on me and I knew I was seconds away from snapping. I needed to get that image of Barry out of my head before I did something incredibly stupid. Just like I had done before.

And I started realizing the irony of the situation. How the past seemed to repeat itself for me. I felt like I could take anymore pain, yet I still didn't want to seem weak as I forced all my tears back. I refused to cry, it was an act that I was punished for when I was younger because it was a sign of weakness. 

I turned a corner and stopped in my tracks at the sight of three unconscious bodies in the hallway. At this point in the night it took me a while to process what was in front of me or what could have possibly happened. Then I realized that they had to have gotten hit by the wave of speed force energy or dark matter after that was released when we turned on the accelerator. 

I cursed under my breath, we should have known better than to actually think that these three would stay put and not do anything. We underestimated them too much believing that they wouldn't have found a way out of that room.

"Joe! Harrison!" I yelled out into the hallway hoping that they would hear me. Seeing Jade, Wally and Jesse laying unconscious on the floor left me in a dilemma not knowing who to help first. But when the first second passed I instinctively ran and kneeled down beside Jade.

I brushed back her hair checking for a pulse, and once I felt her heart beat I sighed from relief. "Come on Jade awake up." I older her softly as I gently moved her shoulders. "Jade."

I began to get anxious causing me to shake her a little harder as I called out her name. "Stop yelling." She muttered as she began to open her eyes. "What happened?"

"You tell me." I scolded her and she quickly sat up."

"Wally?" Jaded called out, and I had almost forgotten about him and Jesse. Wally was only a couple of inches away and I check his pulse which Like Jade's was still strong. I was just about to call out for help again when I heard heavy footsteps running down the hallway. Harrison, Joe and Iris ran down the hallway and at the sight of out three kids, the immediately fell on the floor beside them.