14| Lost Hope*

***

"I'm just going to go over his vitals again." Caitlin muttered as she sat in front of the computer inside of the medical lab.

I walked over beside Barry Barry who was still unconscious as I ran my hand through his hair. "At this point I don't know if I'm worried or bad at him." I muttered as I walked over to Caitlin.

"According to his vitals there's no need to worry so you can resort to anger." She replied as Cisco rushed into the room.

"Diane I need..." Cisco said as he trailed off causing Cialtjn and I to turn around. "Hey, I think he's waking up."

The three of us immediately rushed over beside Barry as he slowly began to open his eyes, "Barry. Barry? Can you hear me?" Caitlin asked desperately as Barry looked around at us in confusion. Right now I was only released at the fact that he was conscious again.

"Hey." Barry muttered.

"You scared the crap out of us." Cisco stated with a small chuckle. "You were gone for a long time."

"How bad is it?" He asked us.

"Its bad." I told him honestly.

"If you didn't heal so quickly, I'd be very worried." Caitlin added softly.

Barry's eyes widened as he looked at us desperately."Linda how is she?"

"She's okay." I assured him as his hand found mine. "She's staying with some friends in Coast City."

"Zoom?"

"Let's worry about Zoom when your back on your feet okay?" I told him as I gave his hand a s reassuring squeeze.

Barry attempted to sit up but Caitlin immediately pushed him back. "Oh, no, you're staying put."

"Yeah, seriously, you got your ass kicked." Cisco remind him as he lightly patted Barry's leg.

"No, guys, I can't feel my legs." Barry told us as he once again tried to sit up in an attempt to touch his legs. "I can't feel my legs."

***

"All right, I got you." Joe assured Barry as he attempted to walk across the Cortex. The rest of us gave them both a bit of space, because after a week of this we realized how short tempered Barry had become. Taking a couple of steps he suddenly stumbled and Joe was there to quickly pick him up again.

"Okay. I can't do it right now, all right?" Barry replied in irritation as Joe helped him back down no the wheelchair.

"Oh, yes you can, Barry." Joe insisted.

Barry adjusted myself in Dr. Wells' old wheel chair, as he shook his head stubbornly. "No, no, no."

"We've been making so much progress."

"Yep, six whole steps." Barry said sarcastically. "Someone get me a Bozo button."

"Barry you have to give yourself some credit." I countered tired of Barry acting so defeated. "You just broke your back."

"Yeah, a normal person would've been paralyzed the rest of his life." Iris added.

"How long until I'm fully healed?" Barry asked Caitlin.

"The initial MRI I took a week ago showed a complete dislocation at the T12-L1 interspace of the thoracolumbar junction." Caitlin explained as she pulled up both of the MRIs for us to see. "But this is the MRI I took this morning. It's remarkable, but you're almost completely healed."