31| Judgments

***

"And what exactly do you want to talk about." I asked skeptically, as she took a couple careful step forward. She looked behind me to where Barry was standing, and I understood that she didn't want him in the room. "Anything you say to me, you can say in front of him. So what do you want to say?"

"I don't know where to start." Jade muttered as she finally looked away from me. "But I guess I could start with I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. And I didn't see it then but I see it now. I see how she was manipulating me into hating you. My whole life she has taught me to hate you. To envy you, because you were everything that I wasn't."

I felt slightly stunned hearing all of this, because it made me realize how truly horrible my mother could be. "I don't want to be the person she wants me to be. Not anymore. You better than anybody has to understand. I can't do this alone."

She looked at me with desperation in her eyes, and I felt completely overwhelmed with the situation. I felt as Barry put a hand on my shoulder pulling me out of my thoughts as I looked back at Jade who was waiting patiently. "Jade can you wait here? Diane and I are going to talk this over really quickly." He told her before pulling me into the treadmill room and closing the door behind us. "What's holding you back?"

"What?" I asked still thinking over everything that Jade just told me.

"What's holding you back?" He repeated as he held my gaze. "Last time we talked about your sister you were determined to help her. Get her away from your mother. So what's holding you back now?"

"I said that thinking that I was going to have to be the one to come to her." I explained, trying to make sense of all this, and if her intentions were true. "I never expected her to come to me, and the fact that she has, just doesn't seem right. The last time I saw her she was hell bent on trying to kill me. What if she's lying and she's still working with..."

"Your over thinking this." Barry assured me as he placed both hands on my shoulders. "I think that maybe you have to take a leap of faith and trust her. She is your sister after all."

"You're right." I admitted, knowing that she deserved that same chance of redemption that I did. Sure, I had my doubts about her true intentions but she was my sister after all and I had to give her a chance.

"What?" Barry asked with a look of complete disbelief as a smile spread across his face. I looked back at him confused at his reaction. "It's just you never say that I'm right."

"Well, maybe if you weren't wrong all the time I would say it more often." I countered before walking out of the room and back into the Cortex where Jade was sitting down on one of the computer chair.

"So?" Jade questioned as she stood from the chair watching Barry and I carefully.

"So, I'm going to give you a chance." I told her slowly, hoping that I was making the right decision. "But, it's your only chance."

"Welcome to the family." Barry added in a more excited tone as he held out his hand for her to shake. "I'm Barry Allen."

"And the Flash." Jade added as Barry's eyes widened.

"What? No." Barry immediately stated before looking behind him where his suit was standing. "Well, yes."

"Well, I'm Jade." She replied before an award silence settled itself in the room.

"Where are you staying?" Barry asked wanting to break the silence, and at that moment I couldn't feel more grateful to have him by my side.

"No where at the moment." Jade admitted as she looked down at her hands. "But I'll figure it out."