41| Problems at the Club

***

The first thing I did once I returned to Central City was go to S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry had already told me what they had planned to do earlier this morning, and although there was nothing more that I would like to do than just sleep in. I also knew that I wasn't the only one that needed a break.

I walked into the Cortex to find Jesse sitting alone in front of a computer screen watching celebrity news. "Diane. Your back." She stated with a smile as she put her hand in Cisco's jar of popcorn. "They all went out to try the canyon jump."

"I heard." I replied as I took a seat beside her watching the latest celebrity gossip.

"So how was Star City?"

"Compacted. But it all turned out well in the end" I told her as we put are focus back on the latest news broadcast.

"Signed projecs, including releases of solo albums. Pop music would never be the same after Beyonce left Destiny's Child." The announcer continued to say as Jesse pulled out another handful of popcorn.

"Wait, that doesn't make any sense." Jesse stated as she turned towards me a look of confusion written all over his face. "They mean Senator Knowles? Right?"

"Senator?" I repeated in disbelief. "Wow, out Earths really are different." I told her as I reached over taking out a handful of popcorn. "Are there any crazy differences?"

"Well there's..." Jesse began to say before she was interrupted by a gush of wind that filled the room causing paper to go flying into the air in response. I stood up and before I even had a chance to turn around Barry was already in from of me in his regular clothes,

"So how'd it go?" I asked as he placed a quick kiss to my lips just as the rest of the team made their way into the Cortex. By just the look on Barry's face along I knew that it didn't go well and and from the way that Harrison stormed into the room it only made it more clear.

"Well, he's not a red splat on the side of a mountain." Harry replied with annoyance as he set down some of his equipment.

"That's our new definition of success?" Cisco asked.

"It's one of them."

"So, you didn't make the canyon jump?" Jesse asked as Cisco took away her jar of popcorn.

"No." Barry stated bluntly. "What else can we try?"

"A bigger canyon?" Cisco suggested, only earning a blank look from everyone. "Okay, fine, no more canyons."

"I know I can crack this. I've just been going about it wrong." Barry said eagerly. His behavior now reminding me of last year when he had this same obsession with being faster, except this time it was Zoom who we had to take care of. "I need to find my leg up. Have we factored in drag? Wells, can we rerun the simulation?"

"Let it go for now." Harrison replied bluntly earning a look of both shock and irritation from Barry.

"Zoom's still out there. He's terrorizing a whole world full of people, your world." Barry exclaimed. "You know, I'm not doing this for fun."

"Barry, we've been working on this all week." Caitlin stated with a sigh. "You're tired, we're tired."

Cisco nodded eagerly as he stood up from his seat. "Yeah, what we need is some downtime. Downtime leads to increased productivity, ergo we have to have fun. And the best way to have fun is for us to go out to the club. Am I right, Team Flash? Let's get burnt!" He exclaimed with excitement before turning towards Barry with a serious expression coming over his face. "No, but seriously, we need a break."