Epilogue

It had been six moons since they fought and defeated Negro. Six moons since Evectri became a king. Six moons since the Cats of the Storms arrived. Six moons since Rainmoon was given his name. Six moons since Cloverstar, Smokestar, Willowstar, and Swiftstar were granted their names and nine lives.

Rainmoon was normal. Happy. Grateful. Even though he lived alone most of the time, Evectri would drop by—literally—to tell stories and what not. Braveheart would come to give him food every once and a while, and Demonfang was there occasionally on patrols from ThunderClan. Guards kept him the most company—they had all become great friends.

Rainmoon was allowed almost everywhere. That is, only if he brought his guards with him. He hated that part, and so did Jactur, but the two of them only cared to see some of the outside life every once and a while. ShadowClan was the most entertaining, since every time he went the mentors would be more nervous than their apprentices who always screwed up.

"Hey, Rainy, are we goin' to visit Braveheart again today?" Jactur asked from his spot near the guards. Most of the time, his partner deemed himself more interested in Rainmoon's mind rather than outside his body, but there was a certain she-cat guard that always seemed to catch his eye.

"Braveheart was visiting Flowernose down in WindClan last I heard," Rainmoon told his partner. "Would you like to go there again?" Jactur shrugged.

"The kits seemed to love me last time," Jactur claimed. "And with Flowernose so close to having her kits, this should be an exciting day!" Rainmoon smiled.

"You keep wishing that every time we go down there," Rainmoon mused.

"Yeah, so?" Jactur asked, holding his head high. "It's better than waiting around here and waiting for something to happen." Rainmoon chuckled.

"Excellent point," the grey and white tom said.

So after convincing the guards that they needed and wanted to go, they were escorted toward WindClan. Jactur remained in his own body, prancing by the calico she-cat as he spoke of their past trials together. Most of the information was wrong or inaccurate, but the she-cat just watched with an amused smile on her face. It was very entertaining, especially when Jactur tripped over a rock that everyone else on the patrol saw.

When they got there, the four guards of WindClan stood in front and allowed them in. They were greeted by Cloverstar's deputy, Maplefeather. Rainmoon smiled, happily having flashbacks of naming Duskpelt, Nightflake, and Snowshine back when he was apprentice.

"Flowernose is doing well, though Braveheart seems to catch every opportunity to see her," Maplefeather explained. "Demonfang is doing quite good as well with her kits." Rainmoon nodded.

"And Cloverstar?" he asked.

"Her kits are all about being fair, it seems," Maplefeather claimed with a bleak smile. "They always talk It's hard to believe they'll be apprentices in two moons." The brown she-cat led them to a familiar den in which Flowernose talked with another Queen and her mate, Braveheart. Rainmoon's son and his mate looked up as the two grey and white toms entered.

"Rainmoon!" Flowernose gasped. "I-I haven't seen you in forever!" The calico she-cat began grooming herself quickly.

"I've been busy over at ThunderClan," Rainmoon told her. "A band of rogues tried to attack the Flock and they needed assistance." Braveheart tilted his head.

"Was Duskpelt okay?" Braveheart asked. "Demonfang would be heart-broken if he got injured..."

"He fought vailiantly in Demonfang's place as deputy, I'll tell you that," Jactur answered. "Quite a good fighter, he is. Better hunter thought." Braveheart shrugged.