Chapter 40

Chapter 40.

The wedding...and Josh.

'So here I was standing inches away from him...typical.'

It all started on a lovely morning; I got woken up by a cat who snuck into our apartment from a window, then he pooped on my bed usual. Not.

I looked out of the window to check the amazing New York weather- Rain. Lots of rain.
In California it would be the sun that woke me up, not the sound of rain or the poop smell... Although I do find it relaxing.
Not the smell obviously.

After twenty minutes of chasing the cat, I started getting ready. I observed my make up bag looking for my concealer, whichI forgot to pack. Acne wasn't my only problem right now, i'm more worried about the red cat scratches all over my face!

Scott and Charlotte went on a date, which equals me tidying the house from Scott's most likely last night out with his bestfriends for some time atleast.

What a great morning!

After a short while, I finished tidying and organising my day for today and tomorrow for the wedding. I already had a black short dress barley reaching my mid thigh with some black heels. At first I wanted a white dress but Charlotte started being bossy and picky she said the white dress is for her and her only- even on the invitations she told people what's not allowed never mind about ten million e-mails she sent them about everything too. She was really stressed lately whereas Scott was very organaised and ready...which made Charlotte even more stressed.

I remember when me and Scott were small we promised each other we'll never get married after our uncle divorced and the amount of pain he was in. I kept the promise, Scott on the other hand, did not.

Just at this moment I heard a knock, it was about two in the afternoon.

I went slowly to open the door hoping it's Josh but at the same time having a nervous breakdown in my head! I checked myself in the mirror and opened the door.

"Package to Charlotte Dawson." Said a chubby, bold man in a hat and a t-shirt with a logo, unless Josh stopped flexing and got so sad after our breakup that's not him...to even think that I thought it's him made me cringe.

"Soon to be a Wilson." I replied.

"Yeye whatever, just sign it." He commanded. Although I wasn't Charlotte, she begged me to take this.

I layed back down on the sofa, put some tv on.

'Notebook.' ha! No.

I flicked through a few channels

'Titanic.' boats and romance what else could you possibly want! That was obviously sarcastic as I have a fear of boats and I hate love!

I came to a conclution that whatever show/movie/series you watch all of them have atleast a bit of romance and love. I can't win.

Why can't people normally live their lives without romance? That's why teenagers smoke. Kids wear makeup. Parents divorce.

I layed back down, I started flicking through the channels again. I was half asleep, thinking of some weird things and life, mostly about Josh.

'Beep!' That was Charlotte.

Hey girl, i'm just coming upstairs mind opening the door, my hands are busy, I can barley write - Charlotte.

I opened the door, waiting patiently for her to come in, instead I heard a guys' voice. A vocie so sweet and soft. The one I haven't heard for a lifetime - atleast that's how it felt. The voice of Josh.