Chapter One

Chapter One

Hyejin sat in her room, looking at her Wattpad profile with astonishment.

21.1K followers.

She'd never imagine this day would ever come. Just yesterday she was a girl with only 521 followers with a SEVENTEEN fanfiction she kept working on because she had a passion for both writing and SEVENTEEN. The next day, her fanfiction Highlight hit 1M views, 100K (and counting) votes and 121K comments. Followers flooded in and Hyejin must have spent her entire Saturday morning trying to check all of her notifications on Wattpad, which seemed endless.

"I can't believe," she whispered, looking at her Wattpad profile once again. Her Wattpad profile was one thing, but her fanfiction, Highlight, being published as a real book was another thing.

She remembered just this morning when she received an e-mail. At first, she thought it was a hoax and ignored it at first. But a real publishing company in Seoul had contacted her home and now her book was in process of being published and sold all throughout South Korea.

"This has got to be a dream come true," Hyejin said, talking to herself alone in her room. She has always dreamed about succeeding but she never had never imagined it really happening. This was all too overwhelming for her to handle.

Tomorrow, she would be meeting with an editor from Waenji Publishing Company to edit her book right before it'd be sent to be confirmed and finally, Hyejin's favourite part of the entire process, it will be published and sent to bookstores, supermarkets and literally anywhere.

Hyejin wasn't sure if she would be able to fall asleep tonight. She was both excited and nervous for tomorrow's event. But she thought that if she didn't have enough sleep, she wouldn't be able to edit properly tomorrow.

Forcing her mind to go to rest, she finally shut down her laptop and hopped into bed after switching the lights off. Pulling the covers up, she tried to get some decent sleep though her mind found it hard to rest when she was really excited and nervous for tomorrow.

+ + +

When morning came, she was already awake before her alarm. She didn't get up just yet. She was waiting for her alarm to go off. But when she checked the time, there was still an hour or more until her alarm would go off.

Why am I up so early? I must be really excited... or nervous.

Either way, Hyejin wouldn't be needed at the company until nine in the morning. It was only six when she last checked the time. She didn't have anything better to do, but she couldn't fall back asleep and she knew that.

Without any other motive, she just went to get ready early. The rest of the time, she will spend on Wattpad, interacting with her lovely fans who has made everything happen.

@hwan_ji has logged into Wattpad.

@hwan_ji: Thank you so much, everyone, for supporting my fanfiction Highlight! It's going to be a published book real soon and I'm really happy about it! I'd like to thank my English translator @boobear for helping me make it famous with the international fans! Thank you so much for the love for me, as well! I can't stop thanking you guys. I love you! Have a lovely day or night, wherever you are!

Replies starting coming seconds later.

@shinningcloud: we love you too!

@parkbogumlove: oMG!! CONGRATSSSS!

@skinnyeyeliner: i'm definitely going to buy that book! i love you!

Hyejin still couldn't believe the love she's been receiving. She still couldn't get used to all the attention she's been receiving from people of different ages, genders and nationality. She was basically the most well known SEVENTEEN fanfiction author on Wattpad—maybe even in the entire Carat fandom.