Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

Dino found himself getting drawn to her every time he saw her. 

At first, it started as admiration. Then, he became a fan. And once he befriended her, he became her friend and now... her secret admirer. 

He knew how hard it would be to date when he was an idol. He didn't want scandals. He didn't want anything bad directed to him or SEVENTEEN themselves. They worked so hard to get to where they were, so he didn't want to do anything to damage it. 

However, Dino couldn't help but entertain his emotions. It was easier to admit defeat and surrender to them and actually... enjoy them. He found happiness whenever he saw her, so it was easier to let himself get lost in his feelings rather than trying so hard to forget about them and deny them. That would be more suffocating for the idol.

It was around midday and SEVENTEEN were having a rest day with no specific schedules today, which Dino happily enjoyed. Although, he was found enjoying the time alone in the living room a little too much, since he was chuckling a lot to himself. Truth was, his mind kept pulling back to their first date last Tuesday and their lunch last Thursday. 

"Are you doing okay, maknae?" a voice asked, followed by the sound of footfalls.

Dino paused and looked up from the floor, only to meet eyes with Jeonghan. "Oh, hyung! Yes, I am fine. Why are you asking?"

Jeonghan smirked before joining him on the floor. "You're unusually happy these days. I wonder what's the reason?"

"Oh!" Dino couldn't see himself admitting something to the hyungs just yet. After all, it was only recently he admitted to himself that he fancied Hyejin. Maybe not as much, but it was powerful. "Right! Um... I was thinking of my parents and remembered a funny incident that happened when I was younger."

"Really? But your facial expression was different today," Jeonghan noticed. 

"It was?" Dino was running low on excuses. "What type of expression was it today?"

"Something different," Jeonghan answered. "Another type of happiness. I've seen you happy, Chan. I've seen you look happy about different things in different situations. This one's different. What's the cause?"

"Ah, you see..." This was one of the many disadvantages of spending your time with someone almost everyday. They could practically see through you. "I... just am happy?"

"That's not very convincing," Jeonghan answered before he smirked. 

"It is," Dino protested. "I am being very truthful right now."

"Whatever you say," Jeonghan said, chuckling before he ruffled the younger one's hair. "Did you know Hwan Hyejin met with K-Tigers?"

Dino paused and let his mind take focus about the mention of Hyejin. "She did?"

As if he didn't know that. 

"Yes." Jeonghan fished out his phone and started to look like he was searching something on his phone. After he was done, he showed it to him. It was a picture of Hyejin with K-Tigers, posted on her Instagram account. "Seems like she's close with Byun Hyunmin."

Dino was slightly jealous, but he made sure not to show it. He didn't want to be obvious about it. "She is? I wonder what's their story."

Jeonghan took back his phone and did his share of research. "It says here... Oh, okay. It says that she hung out with K-Tigers for around three hours and in an hour, she was able to befriend K-Tiger member, Byun Hyunmin, very quickly. There must have been some kind of connection there for that to happen, right?"