Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty 

A week has gone by since the news had spread through the Internet like crazy. Things has finally started to cool down after Pledis released a statement that Dino and Hwan Hyejin were definitely not dating. 

SEVENTEEN had their phones confiscated for a few days for safety and every second that has gone by since their phones have been taken away, Dino grew more anxious. He wanted to know how Hyejin was doing, and the only way he could was to text her. 

Much to his dismay, Hyejin has been ignoring his texts lately. Every text he's been sending ever since he got his phone back has only been delivered and nothing more. There were no replies or anything. It was quiet on her end. 

The only time he has ever heard about her was indirectly. It was her company—Waenji Publishing Company—who also gave out a statement to clarify that both Dino and Hyejin were not dating. However, other than that, there was absolutely nothing from her. 

Does she hate me now? Dino wondered as he stared at the screen of his phone at late at night. He wasn't the only one awake. The others—namely Woozi, S.Coups and Vernon—were probably pulling another all-nighter just to think of lyrics and beats for new, upcoming songs. 

Watching them work hard like this made him wonder how much has he damaged. Dino knew that it was mostly his fault that he wasn't careful enough. He let his emotions get out of hand, and this was the outcome of everything. Damages has been made and it was probably thrown towards him more than Hyejin. 

At least, he hoped so. He has been part of this crazy media world longer than she has. He has seen how other idols get into scary articles, some even concerning sasaeng fans. 

Dino lightly gasped. No sasaeng fans would bother her, would they? He didn't want to find out and he was sincerely scared for her safety. He wanted to tell his manager about his concern but remembered that his manager was having a meeting with the other important people—such as the board of directors and the CEO—in a fancy restaurant, probably. 

"Maknae, are you still not going to sleep?" It was then someone decided to climb up the ladder to peek at Dino, who lied on the top bunk bed with his phone in his hands. 

Dino glanced over to the side to see who it was, but it was too dark to make out anyone. "Which hyung is it?"

"Isn't my voice obvious to you, Dino?" There was a slight chuckle. 

After all that has happened, Dino couldn't even remember which hyung was talking and how each of them sound like. A lot has happened. A little too much for the youngest to handle at such an age. 

"Umm..." Dino said in return, unsure. 

However, the SEVENTEEN member wasn't troubled by it. They were, instead, calm and understanding. "It's me, Minghao! Are you not going to go to sleep?"

"Oh, Minghao hyung." Dino massaged his face before screen locking his phone. "No, I'm not that sleepy. I can't sleep, in fact. I have a lot on my mind."

"Here, come out into the living room for a moment." The8 finally decided to climb down the later and quietly opened the door of the room. The light from the living room shone into the dark room and Dino could finally make out The8's figure. The8 caught him staring and quickly motioned him to come. 

Dino quickly climbed out of his bunk bed and down the ladder before he followed The8 out into the living room. It was empty, not even a soul could be heard. The8 was sitting on the floor, looking quite cheery.

Isn't it too late to be happy? It's like one in the morning, Dino thought to himself as he sat across The8. 

"Here, tell me everything that is going on in your head. I'll try to help you," The8 said with a kind smile.