Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Dino and the rest of the SEVENTEEN members got off the stage after an amazing performance. Each of them did their best to catch their racing breaths as they tried to relax. Some of the staffs came over to each member and helped them dry their sweat with towels and tissue papers. 

"Job well done, kids," said their manager, walking over to where the members were standing backstage, currently. 

The members gave him a tired smile as they prepared to head off to their mini bus. 

Dino saw their manager holding his phone in his hand as he smiled proudly at them. Dino only wondered what was going on. Still being curious, he approached his manager and asked, "Why are you smiling like that, hyung?"

His manager looked up with the same smile still on his face as he replied, "Oh, it's just your popularity, Dino. Not only you; the rest of the members as well. SEVENTEEN as a whole has been receiving more attention these days."

"Really?" Dino beamed back at his manager. "That's amazing! I guess all that hard work paid off, huh?"

"Not only your hard work, Lee Chan," his manager replied with a smile. He placed his phone back into his pocket and added, "Her hard work also paid off."

Dino was confused for a second as he watched his manager move away. He quickly followed after him and asked, "Her? Who's her, hyung? What hard work?"

His manager stopped in his tracks and stared at him. "Haven't you heard?"

"About?" Dino was starting to get confused. 

"About the girl. Your fan girl," his manager clarified. 

Fan girl? Dino knew the Carat fandom. There were more than just one fan girl, that was for sure. "Hyung, you don't expect me to know everyone out of the many girls in the fandom."

"That's what I'm saying. She's not a no one. She's practically a well-known Carat of the fandom. She basically has Carats loving her just as much as the Carats love SEVENTEEN," he explained. Then, with a smile, he added, "And thanks to her, SEVENTEEN's popularity is rising. As well as yours."

Dino couldn't keep up with what his manager was saying. "Wait, I don't get it. What exactly did this fan girl do to help us? And herself? How is she well-known in the fandom?"

"My boy, I think it's time you look at your phone and the K-pop news. It's all over Soompi," his manager explained. He fished something out of his pocket and handed it to Dino—it was his phone. 

Once his manager walked away with the other members, Dino followed after them while he was on his phone. He typed soompi.com on his search area and waited until things popped up. 

Hwan Hyejin, a Carat (the fandom of SEVENTEEN) has made it big with her debut story, Highlight. The story is published under Waenji Publishing Company and is non other than a fanfiction for the K-pop group she loves—SEVENTEEN! SEVENTEEN must be a really lucky K-pop group to have a fan girl write a fanfiction for them. 

Dino squinted his eyes after he had read the entire article. Hwan Hyejin? A Carat? A Carat who was increasing their popularity with her fanfiction? Dino couldn't help but feel thankful for the love. But he was starting to grow curious.

In their mini bus, some members were already knocked out. The ones that were not were targets for Dino's questioning. He made sure to sit next to Seokmin, who was still awake once he sat down on his seat. 

"Hyung," Dino called, showing the phone to Seokmin, "read this for a moment."

After Seokmin was done reading, his eyebrows furrowed before he smiled. "Woah! A Carat wrote us a fanfiction? And it's published? Wow! That must be why we're getting more love these days."