Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten 

The first thing he heard when he first woke up in the dorm were the busy steps. Like there were people running around just to get things ready for something. 

Dino groaned and got out of his bed—the double-decker bed that the members used to save space for beds—and approached the door. When he twisted the doorknob, he noticed how the footsteps silenced almost immediately and he couldn't hear a thing anymore. 

Weird, Dino thought, pulling the door open as he stepped out of his room. 

In a short second, Dino didn't put too much thought about a birthday surprise arranged by his members and the moment all of them popped out of their hiding place, yelling, "Surprise!"

Dino didn't know what else to feel. 

"Happy birthday, our youngest troop," Seungcheol greeted, bringing the cake closer to where Dino stood, utterly surprised and speechless. 

"Aw, look at him. He's about to cry," Jun teased, walking closer to Dino and holding him in his arms. 

"Are you that happy, Dino?" Seungkwan asked, trying to search Dino's face, but his face was buried in Jun's sleeve of his t-shirt. 

Dino was really speechless. He wasn't sure what else to say. He was thankful for all their existence and them throwing him a surprise on his birthday. 

Dino dried his tears and faced all the hyungs, who were beaming as they watched him. "Thank you so much. I wasn't expecting so much on my birthday but..."

The others cooed, "Aww."

Jun held him in his arms again, laughing as he ruffled Dino's hair. "It's okay, Dino. Just let it out. It's fine to cry like this."

"And... we've got another surprise!" The8 excitedly said, approaching Dino with a grin. 

Dino looked up, probably looking funny to the other members because of him crying. "Another surprise?" 

"We all got you gifts!" The8 excitedly said, pulling out of box filled with things wrapped in wrapping paper. "We'll put this in your room for now. You can open it later tonight, when we are free. Right now, Mingyu's going to make you a special birthday breakfast before we—"

"—we head on with our day. Schedules and all," Seungcheol helped The8 finished his sentence, as if he wanted to live up to his leader title. 

The8 looked at him with astonishment before shaking his head at him. "Hyung!"

"What?" Seungcheol asked innocently, as if he did nothing wrong. "Just doing my leader duties, Minghao."

"Well, then. Someone help Dino calm down. He's looking very unattractive on his birthday. While someone does that, I'm going to go ahead and cook," Mingyu said, chuckling before he disappeared to the kitchen. 

Seokmin followed after, saying something like he could help work on sauces and such. 

That show One Fine Day—or at least it was called that until they changed it to 13 Stranded Island Boys—really did something to the two, Dino thought while someone passed him some tissues. 

"We have schedules to attend to and after that, later in the evening, we'll take a picture of you with the fan gifts," Jeonghan explained, giving Dino a pat on the head. "Whose baby are you?"

Dino nearly gagged. Jeonghan was always asking Dino that question, but he had no other choice but to answer it. "Jeonghan hyung's."

"That's a good boy." Jeonghan patted Dino on the head again.