Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

Hyejin was waiting in the waiting room, her eyes traveling around the busy place. She was the only one not moving when the other staffs seem to be really busy. They were running around and they looked like they had more important things to do and places they needed to be at. 

Hyejin has never been on a talk show before, so she was nervous. She placed her hands on her lap and tried to ease the uneasiness and nervousness that was slowly creeping into her mind. Her legs started to shake but she did her best to keep them calm. 

She inhaled deep breaths, trying to calm down but the fact that she was going up alone to talk with a host alone and answer a few questions here and there was, indeed, scary for Hyejin. Too much for her to handle, in a few ways as well. 

Her manager—and editor—was sitting next to her in the waiting room. She noticed how stiff Hyejin was and immediately had an idea on how to calm her down. She took her phone out and showed a video to Hyejin. 

Hyejin looked up to search for her manager's face, wondering what video it could be this time. The last time she was shown a video, it didn't end so well. 

Her idol, bias of SEVENTEEN, Lee Chan a.k.a Dino, is a fan of hers and secretly attended her fan signing to get her signature on his copy of Highlight. That was something that could only happen in a fanfiction and Hyejin knew that by heart. However, something like that was being pulled out of the fanfiction world and was given to Hyejin to experience. 

Didn't that sound crazy? 

It did to Hyejin. She still couldn't believe it but it did happen, whether she believed it or not. Hyejin seemed to be experiencing a lot of unbelievable encounters these days ever since she's made it big with a fanfiction story that has been published. She couldn't believe herself. 

Hyejin concentrated on the video and it was then she realized it was a video of SEVENTEEN during their most recent talk show. "Manager Jang, why are you showing me this?"

Her manager only smiled. "Listen to it carefully."

Hyejin had already watched this video. She knew which part her manager wanted to show Hyejin. She had probably repeated that one part over and over just to know whether or not it was real or not. 

The question was asked. The host held his gaze at Dino and he answered. Hyejin didn't hear what Dino was saying in the video, though. She was concentrating on his eyes. Those eyes that seem to sparkle when he was talking about her.

Or did I only imagine that? Hyejin thought, letting a rusty smile. 

"Dino, if Hwan Hyejin was watching this, is there anything you'd like to say?" the host asked. 

This was the part she had on repeat. She had probably even memorized his words. That was how much she had replayed it. 

"Hi?" Dino awkwardly said to the camera before he let out an embarrassed laugh. 

Hyejin felt her lips curl into a smile. She wanted to say hi back, but she knew he wouldn't be able to hear it. He was still so cute, though. She often wondered how he was still two years older than her. 

She watched as the members did their best to console their fellow maknae with repeated, 'It's okay.' She took note of their closeness and thought of another story idea and placed it into her mental box of thoughts. 

Dino finally continued and looked at the camera. "Hi, Hwan Hyejin."

Hyejin felt chills traveling down her spine. She couldn't believe her bias of SEVENTEEN just said her name. On camera. To her. As a video message.