Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

"D-Dino?" Hyejin squeaked weakly. 

There was no doubt that it was Dino who was standing next to Dae Jung in front of her apartment door. Even with the mask on, she could easily tell from his eyes that it was Dino. 

"Hi," Dino greeted calmly. 

What's he doing here? Is he going to tell me more things I don't ever want to hear? Does he want to personally tell me he hates me and never wants anything to do with me ever again? Hyejin thought as she continued to stare into those eyes she missed. 

"Can you two stop staring into each other's soul for a second? We should really head inside if you don't want anymore news to get stirred up," Dae Jung interrupted, pushing Dino into Hyejin's apartment. 

Hyejin stepped out of the way to let the two boys enter but she was still in shock over the fact that Dino was now here, in the same place as her. At her apartment unit. She thought she would never see him again after what has happened, despite it all being fake. 

Dino casually took off his mask and smiled at Hyejin. "Hey, I missed you."

"Hyejin, do we have a gue—" Hyejin's mother paused when she caught a sight of Dino standing at the doorway with Dae Jung and Hyejin. "Oh, we do have a guest."

Hyejin cleared her throat and told her mom, "Mom, this is Dino."

Dino turned to face Hyejin's mother and instantly bowed after he had removed his mask. "Hello there, Hyejin's mom. I'm Dino, but my real name's Lee Chan."

"Wait, Dino? The one on the new—" As Hyejin's mom was about to say 'news', after a sight of her daughter's face, she immediately stopped and gave Dino a kind smile. "Would you like to drink anything, Chan?"

"Anything would be fine, Mrs. Hwan," Dino said, smiling back as well. 

"Alright." Hyejin's mom immediately left them to talk it out. She knew better than to let them resolve things on their own since they were old enough to. 

Hyejin still didn't get it. Why on earth was he here? What's he doing here? What could the reason be? 

"Listen, Hyejin, I—"

"Sorry to cut you two off but I need to head to the living room to let you two have a private conversation but you two are blocking my way," Dae Jung interrupted, motioning to the very narrow doorway. 

Hyejin gave him a slight glare before he made way for her, whispering something only for him to hear, "You have to explain to me everything and how you met him and brought him here."

Dae Jung, on the other hand, was calm and smiled. He whispered back, "Oh, I think he'll tell you all of that in my stead."

As Dae Jung walked away, Hyejin couldn't even turn around to face him. She was too nervous. She was afraid of what she would say. She had a bunch of guesses, but she was still afraid. 

Would you say we should stop this friendship? Would you tell me to stop loving you too much? I wish this was all just another dream. 

"Hyejin," Dino called, sending chills down Hyejin's spine. 

Hyejin had no other choice but to finally turn around to face him. "Yes?"

"Do you think I hate you?" Dino asked. 

Hyejin's heart started beating heavily. He's going to say he does, isn't he? I knew this day would come. I did wrong. Of course, he won't be able to forgive me.