Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Dino was thankful for every day-off they had. 

That meant no practices that went on until late at night; no preparations for performances or interviews; no photo shoots for any magazines or other brands; no nothing. Just a free, empty day. 

Not for long, Dino thought as he stared at the screen of his phone. He hasn't seen Hyejin in a while and he honestly wanted to see her again, after seeing her on KBS Celebrity Twenty-Four on TV. He was proud of her, and the way she kept mentioning his name made his heart flutter.

Gosh, I have such a weak heart, Dino thought before he began composing a message for Hyejin. 

The reply didn't come right away, so Dino ended up waiting around for her message

The reply didn't come right away, so Dino ended up waiting around for her message. He was once again seated in the living room and was once again on the couch. But he kept on moving—impatiently, at that—and finally ended up on the floor with his arms sprawled around. 

Wonwoo was casually walking out of the bathroom when he noticed what was going on. He let out a chuckle before he crouched down to meet Dino's eyes. "What's up with you, Chan?"

"Nothing much," Dino answered. 

"You look dead," Wonwoo joked, chuckling once again. "Is something wrong? Did you read some nasty articles about yourself? Did it hurt you?"

"No, no and no," Dino answered soullessly. It has been fifty minutes since he sent the message but there were no replies from her. That only meant that she was as busy as she could ever be. Don't get him wrong, Dino was happy for her but he wanted to spend time to with her too. 

"Then, could it quite possibly be about Hwan Hyejin?" Wonwoo asked with a teasing voice. 

This had already caught Dino's attention and had woken him up from his dead-like self. "What? Hyejin? Why would you assume that..."

"It's because of the way you look at her, Chan." Wonwoo chuckled once again before he ruffled the younger one's hair. "I'm no love expert, but I can see the way you look at Hyejin. It isn't that hard to tell that you're in love with her. When did it happen?"

"I don't know for sure," Dino said in return, sitting up straight. He pulled his legs closer until they were cross-legged. "It just did."

"Should I recite a famous line from Goblin? It feels fitting," Wonwoo joked before he pulled Dino into a head lock. "You punk! How could you have fallen in love with your fan?"

"Is it wrong?" Dino asked, chuckling under his breath as Wonwoo tightened his grip. Dino continuously smacked his hyung's arms, begging him to stop. 

"I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just concerned as an older brother. What about your career, Dino? We're idols. We focus on our work the most," Wonwoo said, his tone changing. He wasn't joking anymore. He was sincerely serious.