Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six 

It was finally the day of the concert and Dino was honestly nervous. He and his members were doing last minute practices to perfect every move that needs to be perfected. They trained their facial expressions to look cool in front of their fans. 

Woozi checked their songs once again before giving an approving nod at his works. He grabbed the pen drive and gave it to the staff who will bring it to the arena they will perform at. Woozi kept a copy just in case. 

Seungcheol looked at his members before giving them an approving nod. "Let's get into the van right now. We have to check the place out and do our practices there."

"Nae, hyung!" all the others said in return before they all proceeded to the van.

Dino sat next to the window at the back. He stared out of the window, staring at the scenery. The large van drove past E-Cube Mall and Dino was suddenly reminded of their first hangout there. Dino held back the sudden stinging tears and let his head concentrate on better things. 

But he couldn't get Hyejin out of his mind. The fact that they were flying out of the country because of their world tour saddens Dino even more. He wouldn't even be staying in Seoul for a week after their concert here. 

They arrived at the arena short after and got out of the car, grabbing their needed items and heading inside. The staffs guided them to where they had to be. They left their bags at the waiting/changing room and headed to where the stage was. 

It's empty, Dino thought as he stood on the stage and overlooked the entire place. It was huge but empty. 

The other members had walked away to scan other areas to see what they were working with but Dino stood at the same position he stood, which was on the stage. His eyes glanced at the entire arena with the empty seats. It seemed intimidating to Dino, but he knew that his fans were one of the greatest people in his lives. 

But there he stood, wondering whether or not Hyejin would come to the concert. He wouldn't be in Seoul for long, so he wanted to see her one last time before he couldn't. Despite being rejected, he still liked her. He knew he will never have a chance in her heart as a simple guy. He was her in her heart, but it remained only as her idol. Nothing more. He got that. 

"Yah, Lee Dino," a voice said, throwing their arm over his neck and surprising the poor maknae at their sudden appearance. 

Dino looked up and noticed that it was Mingyu. "Huh? What? Is something wrong, hyung?"

"I should be the one asking you that question. You're dazing off again. Your body is here but your soul isn't. Is something wrong these days, Lee Dino?" asked Mingyu. 

"I was just wondering how many Carats will show up," Dino lied, overlooking the empty seats yet again.

"Hmm... if you say so. Come on, we have to follow Coups hyung. He has things to say to us. Him and his leader duties, you know?" Mingyu gave Dino that smile. The one that always killed a Carat's heart. 

Dino smiled at Mingyu before following him to where the other members were standing in a circle. 

Seungcheol looked around and made eye contact with each member and began, "I know it has been hard so far but at least we're having fun. This will be our last concert in Seoul before we have our world tour. Please make this concert something memorable for our Korean Carats, okay?"

"Nae!" they shouted, in sync and as a group. 

Seungcheol smiled a fatherly smile before he pulled everyone into a group hug. "SEVENTEEN, fighting!"