Chapter Five

Chapter Five 

More messages were left on Hyejin's Wattpad account. Most of the messages came from people who had attended her fan signing and received her autograph and a message. They sounded happy, from what Hyejin had read and she couldn't help but feel happy as well. 

She recognized most of the accounts but there was one account she's seen around once. It was the newest account she has ever seen. The oppa fan that went by the name of @dinorawr17. She hasn't seem him in her notifications such as him voting or commenting on her stories; he came out of nowhere, really. He just popped out and sent a sweet message to him. 

@dinorawr17: I got to go to your fan signing after all! thank you for signing my book, hwan hyejin! I'm so happy! continue to have success in your life, hwan hyejin! 

Hyejin lightly giggled as she typed back her reply to him. 

@hwan_ji: Hehe, thank you for coming! <3

Her phone started ringing and Hyejin immediately picked up the call. 

"Hi, Hyejin!" Dae Jung greeted on the other end, all cheery. 

Hyejin leaned back in her swivel chair as she greeted back, "Hi there, Dae Jung."

"Want to go somewhere fun?" Dae Jung asked on the other line. 

Hyejin paused from going to her works on Wattpad and checking on the drafts she was working on. She wasn't sure what story she wanted to publish next. Her Hoshi fanfiction or her Woozi fanfiction. 

"Somewhere fun?" she repeated. She wanted to, but she was afraid she'd get spotted by people. After all, everyone knew who she was. 

"Yup! Wherever you think is fun. Do you want to watch a movie? There are new movies out," Dae Jung suggested. 

Movies did sound okay. Plus, they would be inside a cinema, where it would be dark. No one would recognize Hyejin that way. "Sure. Let's watch movies. I'll meet you at E-Cube Mall later, then?"

"You seem to be hooked up with E-Cube Mall lately," Dae Jung noted. 

Only because it's the nearest mall to Pledis, Hyejin thought as she smiled behind her phone screen. "Yeah, yeah. It's not because my face is right in front of Sujin Bookstore or anything. It's also not because I have become their celebrity ambassador. I just like it there."

Dae Jung wasn't convinced by her. "Are you sure? You sound suspicious. Do you have a boyfriend who works there? Or a crush? Tell me, Hwan Hyejin. Is there a new added member to our small circle of friends?"

"You're crazy, Cho Dae Jung. What circle? There's only two of us," Hyejin said. "There's no guy, Dae Jung. I'm apparently not attracted to guys of my age. Or level. Whatever I'm saying, I'm not even making sense."

Dae Jung let out a teasing chuckle. "Oh, but you do know that you've leveled up, Hwan Hyejin?"

Hyejin squinted her eyes, though he couldn't see it. "What do you mean? I leveled up?"

"Don't you know? You're famous now, Hwan Hyejin. You're what the entire nation is talking about. Have you forgotten that, Miss Famous?" Dae Jung teased. 

Famous. That was the one word she kept hearing around her. She wrote a fanfiction. It got published. What she didn't expect to happen was her being all over the news. Offline or not, she was there. Her name, her picture. People knew about her. Some of them loved her. Some of them criticized her. But whatever it was, she was still famous. 

"You won't believe how tiring it is to be famous," Hyejin quietly confessed. She let out a sigh and shook her head. "I'll tell you about it when we meet up later. I'll see you then, Cho Dae Jung. Hang up."