Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen 

"Hyejin! Where is my Hyejin?" 

Both of Hyejin's parents had arrived back home, worriedly walking over to their beloved daughter, who was still sitting down on the floor, staring at nothing but the silver screen that was switched off. 

"What's going on?" Hyejin's dad asked, looking over to Ms. Jang. 

Hyejin was still in shock. She couldn't move properly. She couldn't even answer questions, despite her parents worriedly asking her if she was okay. Dae Jung was somewhere in the room, trying to calm himself down from the sudden outburst from an hour ago. 

"Here's a plan that we have prepared, Mrs. Hwan," Ms. Jang said as she pulled out her phone. "From what Dae Jung has told me, the news are obviously false. In that case, we should at least stay mum so that Hyejin will have time to calm down from her shock. Don't worry. Whoever uploaded and recorded that video will be sued. In the mean time, please do check on Hyejin to ensure that she will feel better."

Hyejin's mother nodded, hugging her daughter as she lightly sobbed. 

How could I have been a fool? Dino must hate me now. I'm a fan. I should know my limits. Now, the entire group will suffer the consequence of my actions. Everything they have worked hard for, I just had to tamper and ruin it, didn't I?

+ + + 

Ms. Jang and Hyejin's parents went out to Waenji Publishing Company to have a further discussion about what to do in the next few days. Hyejin was left in the care of Dae Jung, who has finally calmed down himself. 

"Dae Jung?" It was the first time in two hours since Hyejin fell into her shock when she finally decided to talk. It slightly startled Dae Jung. 

Dae Jung quickly moved towards where she sat, which was still in the same position. "Yes?"

"He wouldn't want to see me, won't he?" Hyejin asked, her hands slightly trembling at the thought. She never imagined her idol come to hate her because of a stupid mistake such as letting her feelings take over. She was scared. 

"Who..."

"Dino," she said, closing her eyes for a brief second. "He hates me now, doesn't he?"

"Why would he hate you, Hyejin?"

"Because of this stupid news. I ruined their group name because of this. He probably hates me now. He won't ever get himself involved with a fan ever again, I just feel it. The Carats will blame me on that too." Hyejin covered her face with her hands, finally being able to feel her emotions again. She started to sob quietly. 

Dae Jung stared at her for a few more seconds before he hesitantly pulled her into his warm embrace. "No, he won't ever think of you that way. You were the reason why their group is more famous today. Don't think it's your fault because of a false accusation. Okay?"

"You don't understand, Dae Jung." Hyejin could feel her eyes shake with tears.

"What don't I understand, Hyejin? You have to tell me for me to understand everything better," Dae Jung said. 

What didn't he understand? Hyejin wasn't even sure what she understood. She did understand that she has just ruined SEVENTEEN's good name with a stupid, false scandal. Whoever recorded that video, they obviously saw wrongly. However, Hyejin was greatly affected by the entire situation. 

"Come on, Hyejin. You can tell me anything. I'm your best friend. What exactly don't I understand?"

"You don't understand," Hyejin found herself repeating again before she shook her head and finally opened her eyes to look at her best friend, deep into his eyes, "you don't understand... I think I've fallen for him too much. I think I care for him too much. I think I'm scared to know that he actually hates me now."