Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Last night's events lingered until the very morning for Hyejin. She was full of smiles as she replayed every single scene she spent with Dino. She was actually afraid when she woke up, she would realize that everything was nothing but a dream. Thankfully, it was nothing like that. 

Dae Jung is calling...

It was around the early morning of ten when Dae Jung decided to call Hyejin. She picked her phone from the table and swiped the answer button. "Hello?"

"Hwan Hyejin!" Dae Jung excitedly said on the other end. 

"Dae Jung!" she said in return, equally excited. 

"So... nothing to tell me?" Dae Jung said, almost teasingly. 

"Am I supposed to tell you something?" Hyejin was dumbfounded. 

"What? Are you telling me you two aren't dating yet?" Dae Jung asked.

"Dating? You must be crazy!" she said, flopping onto her bed. "There were no confessions made, Dae Jung. How could you say that we're dating? Tsk!"

"Oh, I thought you were. What a bummer," Dae Jung said in return. 

"Oh, come on. I have no chance, after all. That would also make me selfish to have Dino all to myself when there are a bunch of other Dino fans out there in Korea or the world itself," Hyejin told him, slightly bumming herself down.

She selfishly wanted her to have Dino all to herself, but she knew he didn't belong to her. Just like her fanfiction, he belonged to other people. His company. His members. His parents. His fans. Where did she stand in his life? Just another fan in the crowd that was slowly dragged into the spotlight.

"Now, don't pull your hopes down, Hyejin. Just because it seems useless, doesn't always mean it is. So don't give up too soon, okay?" Dae Jung encouraged her. 

"Thanks, but I can't believe we're talking about love right now. It sounds so typical." Hyejin found herself smiling like an idiot again. Why was this happening so often?

"You're right, though. This sounds all too familiar. Remember when you would call me just to fangirl about SEVENTEEN and Dino in general? Telling me that he's too handsome for his own good and that he needed to stop? Look what has changed. You're actually friends with him and you have a crush on him," Dae Jung continued teasing. 

"Shut up!" On a contrary to what she had just told her best friend, she was giggling a little too much. Alone. In her room. 

"You're so cute, Hyejin. You still fangirl over him. Oh, I forgot to ask. Don't you have any schedules today?"

"No, no schedules at all. I have a free day today," she replied to him. She looked at the wall clock hanging near the door of her room and noticed that it was already ten thirty in the morning. Hyejin had no plans of leaving the apartment, however.

"Want to hangout today? I miss seeing my best friend in real life. The only times I see you are on TV or on websites," Dae Jung said, still teasing. 

"Nope. I'm too tired. Come over instead," she said, throwing an arm over her eyes. She was still tired from coming home late last night. However, she woke up too early this morning. She didn't get enough sleep, so she was more tired than she usually was. 

"Okay. I'll come over then. Want me to stop at a chicken restaurant to order take outs?" 

"Cho Dae Jung, have I ever told you that you're my best friend in the entire world, and that I love you?"