Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Early in the morning, Hyejin was already on Wattpad, looking through her never-ending notifications. Days later, her story Highlight was finally published and was spreading around like wildfire. You have to be living under a rock to not know about that story, they have said on several online news sites. 

Her phone that was placed nearby her laptop vibrated and Hyejin picked it up. There was a message coming in from her best friend. 

After reading the message, Hyejin felt her lips curl into a smile

After reading the message, Hyejin felt her lips curl into a smile. Dae Jung wasn't wrong. Ever since her fanfiction has been put on bookshelves in bookstores, everyone seems to be getting themselves a copy. Not only did the fan girls of the Carat fandom get them, there were fan girls of different fandoms getting themselves a copy as well. 

EXO-Ls. IGOT7s. ARMYs. V.I.Ps. Shawols. BANAs. Babys. SONEs. IUNAs. Monbebes. AROHAS. 

There were more, but Hyejin couldn't remember everyone. She just know that there was a large number of people getting themselves a copy of her story, Highlight. She was thankful, but the large number of people made her dizzy and scared. 

Hyejin gave up trying to check all of her notifications and immediately tapped on Dae Jung's contact to give him a ring. 

"Hyejin!" His voice was cheery on the other end. "How's my famous best friend doing?"

"Hey, Dae Jung," Hyejin greeted, letting out a yawn. She wanted to go out of her small balcony, but she was afraid of getting spotted. Not only was her name all over just anywhere in South Korea, her pictures were going around as well. "How are you doing?"

"You still haven't told me how it happened!" Dae Jung said, sounding disappointed on the other line. 

"What? How I became famous?" Hyejin teased. 

"Yes!" Dae Jung replied. 

"It's all over the news. You have to be living under a rock to not have heard of it," she repeated the words that kept on replaying on the news. "And I expected you to be the first person to have known about it, Cho Dae Jung."

"I know it's all over the news. It's all they ever play," Dae Jung said in response. "I just wanted to hear the original one from you. Hello? You're famous. You should be the one who knew the best, unlike the reporters out there that might have added a few details or deleted some. I don't know."

Hyejin felt her lips curl into a smile at her best friend's words. "Okay, you're right. But let me warn you. I don't know it that well, either. I don't have a detailed report. It's mostly vague, unlike the ones on TV or the newspaper. Or, you know, there's online sites too. Those are helpful."

"If you're just going to be lazy about it, let me just tell you that it's not going to work," Dae Jung said after a moment. 

"You've been warned," Hyejin said with a spooky voice.