Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Hyejin had received that message around two days ago, but she was unsure whether or not to reply

Hyejin had received that message around two days ago, but she was unsure whether or not to reply. She felt like this was wrong in so many ways, but at the same time, it was right. Hyejin wasn't really sure. She was just confused. 

She had two options: she could embrace whatever was happening and see what happens in the end, or stop right now, since she knew what the ending was. 

This isn't some fanfiction, Hwan Hyejin. You know very well what reality has in store for a story such as this, Hyejin thought to herself. She shook her head a bunch of times just to snap out of it, but part of her wanted to go on with it. To see if there was more that meets the eye.

She had her principles and she lived by them. Yet, somehow, even if she set down rules to make sure nothing ever happened, she found herself wanting to get to know her idol more than she already did. He might already know her. Everything about her seemed to be everywhere these days. 

Hyejin was being greedy, though. She wanted to get close to her idol. She might never have a golden opportunity like this in her life ever again, so she decided it was best to befriend him. After all, a fanfiction moment doesn't last too long, nor could it bring you any further than just being friends. 

Hyejin finally replied to his message in agreement and set her phone aside. She tied her hair into a messy bun and put on black rimmed glasses—she didn't really need glasses; she just wanted to get into the feel—and finally began reviewing her second chapter of her newest Hoshi fanfiction titled Lean On Me. 

Once she was done, she published it and waited to see her notifications blow up. It did seconds after. Numbers were rising. Comments and votes were flooding in. Hyejin couldn't feel anymore happier than this. 

She left the notifications to blow up while she moved on to her profile, wanting to post a message for all her lovely readers then she noticed the follower count—31.9K followers. 

Her eyes widened at the number. She had to take off her fake glasses and rub her eyes just to make sure she wasn't dreaming about it. 

In fact, she wasn't. Right in front of her eyes was what she thought it was—31.9K followers. She never paid close attention to how many followers she had and she only remembered it was 21.3K every time she visited her profile. 

Today, her eyes caught a sight of a new number. She knew people continued to follow her, but she didn't really see how many followers flooded in a day. She didn't know there were that many until she saw it. It must have felt like a dream to her. 

Out of utter bliss, she grabbed her phone and dialed Dae Jung's number, waiting for him to pick up the call.

"You're calling for?" Dae Jung annoyingly grumbled on the other end. Hyejin took note that she had woken him up with her call.