Chapter 3

It had been a few days, I had stayed away from the alcohol because I had started being quite sick. The alcohol thing was really hard.

Barnabas thinks I'm pretending to be sick, to avoid him, because he thinks vampires can't get sick. I wish that were true, my bathroom stinks of puke. To be honest, I don't know what's wrong with me, I can see my reflection, I don't have to drink blood, but I still could stay alive under the water after all that time and have the dodgy teeth. I'm just special. But I can also get sick, and that's no fun.

Thinking about it, I haven't been sick before in the three years I've been in collinsport. Saying that, I haven't soaked in water like that that in all my life, so that's probably it. I also missed my period, but that's probably a vampire thing.

It was breakfast, so I came downstairs and sat at the table, sunglasses on as usual. Elizabeth was trying to make conversation.

"So Julia, did you sleep well?"

I shrugged. "I threw up a couple times, but other than that fine,"

Carolyn dropped her cutlery and sighed.

"Thanks Julia, now I can't eat,"

"No problem," I said, doing a cheesy wink at her. She rolled her eyes.

Elizabeth tried again.
"So Barnabas, did you sleep well?"

"I slept exquisitely, thank you Elizabeth," he said.

"Was it with Julia?" Carolyn whispered very loudly.

"Carolyn! Go to your room!" Elizabeth said, very shocked.

"Fine, you losers are boring," Carolyn muttered, before almost tripping on the stairs.

The rest of breakfast was eaten in silence, I didn't eat anything, I didn't want to be sick again. As I got up to leave, Barnabas grabbed my arm.
"Julia, we need to talk."

"Okay, come with me,"

I lead Barnabas to my study, and sat him down.

"What's up, buttercup,"

"Julia, that's the second time you've said that, would you please tell me what it means?"

"Doesn't matter, what do you want to talk about?"

"You know our...fun evening,"

"Very fun,"

"And how you've been sick,"

"Yes. I am aware of my own sickness."

"You know the possible results of those evenings.."

"It's okay, if your asking, you weren't that bad,"

"That's not what I'm saying, Julia,"

"Spit. It. Out."

"I think your pregnant." He said. I laughed.

"I'm a vampire, that's not possible."

"Yes, that's what I thought, but I don't think you completely are. The transfusion has done enough to preserve you under the water, and stop you from ageing, but you still have human qualities,"

He was right. Oh god. I'm such an idiot.