Chapter 24

Julia and Barnabas were lying back on their bed, he was playing with her hair while she rested her hand on her stomach. She smiled, for the first time in weeks, but smiled properly, like she couldn't have been happier.

"If it's a boy, this one will be Barnabas Jr," Barnabas said.

"Not.A.Chance." Julia said, laughing.

They heard a knock on the door, thinking it was Hunter or Erica, Barnabas told the person the come in. The person who came in was quite tall, not as tall as Hunter but still tall enough, she had very dark brown hair, almost black, and light blue eyes. Julia sat up.

"Hello, I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" The girl said, standing up properly. "My names Maria, I was looking for Hunter, he said to meet him in his room but I couldn't find it,"

"So your Maria?" Julia said, walking up to her. "British?"

"Yes!" Maria said.

"My..well..sort of husband is British," Julia said, looking back at Barnabas. "Hello, my names Julia, I'm Hunters mother,"

Maria shook her hand. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you look very young to have an eighteen year old son!" She said.

"I have an eighteen year old daughter as well," Julia said. "But thank you, you are very sweet, I had them quite young and just aged well, that's all,"

"You call 32 young?" Barnabas laughed. Julia shot him a glare.

"Your...50? Wow, miss, you look amazing!" Maria said.

"He's lying, he's just stupid," Julia said. "He likes the pretend I'm older than him," she added.

Maria giggled." Well nice to meet you, Mrs..umm..."

"Miss Hoffman, I'm not married dear," Julia said. "But you can call me Julia,"

Maria nodded and smiled, walking out of the bedroom, and finally finding the room that really was Hunters.

"So, what did you think of her?" Julia asked.

"She's very beautiful," Barnabas said.

Julia rolled her eyes. "That's not what matters, what did you think of HER not her face?"

"Well I certainly didn't almost marry you for your personality," Barnabas said, smirking.

"Shut up!" Julia said, hitting him in the face. "She seems sweet,"

~*~

"How longs it been?" Viola asked. She was sitting in the apartment opposite David, they were drinking coffee. "A year now?"

"Almost a year and a half." David said. "But I never stopped loving you, not for a minute."

Viola looked up and got her game face on. She wasn't in love with him, obviously, but she needed him. She got in touch with her manipulative side, and started to fake cry.

"I'm sorry David, I've just...I've been let down by so many people I don't think I can believe you," She wept.

"Viola, don't cry!" David said, putting his hand in her back and soothing her. "How can I prove to you that I love you? I'll do anything!"

"You mean that?" Viola sobbed.

"From the bottom of my heart." He replied.

"Well..." She said. "There is just one thing..."

~*~

"Barnabas I've had a thought." Julia said.

"What is your thought?"

"We should get married today."

"Today? I'm full today, sorry,"

"Barnabas, you don't have a job, you don't do anything, so come on, we can just elope, so Viola can't crash anything," 

"Fine. Can I eat something first, I'm hungry,"

Julia sighed. "Your hopeless."

Julia went downstairs and heard someone knock on the door, she opened it up and saw David. "David!" Julia said, hugging him.

"Julia, it's great to see you," he said, and clicked his fingers. Julias mind went blank, she collapsed. David picked her up and ran away from the house as quickly as possible, Julia was very light. He went to the black van parked half a mile away from the house, and layed her body in the back.

"She's going to miss them, losing your past is scary," Viola said. "But seeing your future is even scarier..."

Sorry about these short parts! I just want to get something up, and it's better than nothing right....?😘😘💜