Chapter 19

Her hair looked as it always did, it's what made her look pretty. Her hair stood out against the White, it was an unnatural orange colour, but it was natural. She looked beautiful. But every bride should on her wedding day. She had been engaged for more than eighteen years, but her big day has been on hold since her children had been 'special'. But no more. It was her big day.

It was eighteen years later, but Julia looked the same. Her vampire side had done its job well, gifted her with immortality. She wondered what her children would be like, if they would stop aging at one point. 

Her dress was beautiful, it was white and long and big, it made her feel like a princess. It had lace on it, the kind you could only see when you got up close, and was strapless. She had a veil on, it didn't trail the floor it only reached half way down her back. 

"You look beautiful, Julia." Elizabeth said with a smile.

"Thank you." Julia said smiling. She stood up, took a deep breath in and smiled. "I'm ready."

The ceremony was small, only the people living in the house were there, Julia didn't really have any other friends, her life was dedicated to her children. It was happening in one of the older wings of the house, Barnabas, David and Hunter had spent ages cleaning up, making it perfect. It had to be perfect, Julia had been dreaming of this day her whole life.

Her father was dead, so was her mother, she had a sister, her name was Angela, but didn't bother inviting, she wouldn't have come. It would have looked weird anyway, she was two years older than Angela, should have been fifty, but looked 32.

So she walked down the isle on her own, she didn't have any bridesmaids, she thought that bridesmaids were just extensions of a brides vanity. Barnabas was wearing a smart tuxedo, he looked at his bride in awe. She was holding a bouquet of flowers, red roses, the colour of blood, something Barnabas craved. She knew how to turn him on.

She walked up to him, felt the eyes of those watching her on her dress, and smiled at her soon to be husband. 

"Julia, you look beautiful." He said, taking her hand.

"That's immortality, my darling," she whispered, and looked up at the priest.

The preist went through all the usual stuff, talking about God, in weddings Julia had been to in the past she had ignored that kind of stuff, found it boring, and her own wedding was no exception. 

"Does anyone object to this holy Union?" The preist asked, looking at the crowd through his glasses.

"Oh, I've been waiting for you to say that!" A familiar voice said, bursting into the room. "I've been standing outside that door for like ten minutes waiting for you to shut up and get on with it."

"Viola." Julia said, looking at her as if she was the devil.

"I object." The brunette said blankly. "He's marrying a whore."

"Don't you call my mother a whore!" Hunter said, running up to Viola. He picked her up by the neck and pushed her against the wall. "Now take it back!"

"Never." Viola said running her tounge along her lips. She looked up. "Hey Erica! Wanna play?"

"You stay away from my daughter you witch!" Julia yelled, talking her daughters hand. 

"You call me a witch? Then what's your daughter?"

"She's an angel, she would never hurt a fly." Barnabas said. "But you, miss Bouchard, are an evil witch, just like your mother!"

"Don't you speak of my mother with that filthy tone!" Viola yelled. "She was good! It's you who hurt her, made her feel like nothing! Julia must pay for my mothers death!"

"Why me?" Julia said, a tear running down her face. "I've done nothing to you. I wasn't even here when your mother died!"

"But you stole the one she loved." Viola snarled. "And now you must suffer, come now Erica, make her suffer,"

Erica fell to the ground in tears, she was holding her head. She was screaming, to Julia every scream that escaped her daughters lips felt like a knife was stabbing her in the heart.

"What are you doing to me!" Erica sobbed, rolling around on the floor clutching her head. "Why won't they stop.."

Viola laughed, her laugh that of a fairy. "She's hearing screams, yours Julia, and Hunters, and her fathers, the screams of those she loves the most. The more she resists, the louder they get."

Julia looked up at Viola, the girl she had met eighteen years ago, the innocent orphan. "Why are you so evil?"

"I'm not evil." Viola said. "Just..damaged." She flicked her wrist and her her tank top and jeans turned into a beautiful red ballgown, it had a plunging neckline and looked beautiful in contrast to Viola's brown hair. She looked like a model, but she always looked like a model. "Now," she said. "Are you going to let me ruin this wedding, or are you going to go forward with? Because if you get married, I get to hurt your daughter more, so by all means go ahead."

The witch sat down on a wooden chair elegantly, and waited.