Chapter 35

"You better see for yourself..." Julia said, looking at Luke and then back up at Erica. "Come quick!"

Erica and Julia quickly walked downstairs and outside the house, they met Maria standing outside the bins. Behind them was Rachel, she was lying on the floor, Erica's first thought was that she had passed out but the truth was more horrifying. She was dead.

Julia had also been trained, and looking at her body there was absolutely no sign of how she had died. All she knew was that it couldn't have been pleasant. Erica kept Luke away from the body, Julia didn't even ask Erica who he was after the initial shock of seeing  a dead body outside her house. They had come the conclusion that it was something supernatural, but that just made it even more complicated. As far as Julia could see, Rachel was not supernatural herself however, because she compared her blood to Erica's and her own. Rachel's death truly was a mystery.

"What do you think happened?" Erica asked Julia, who had shamelessly poured herself a shot.

"I have no idea." Julia said. "But when we found her body... It was so hot I burned myself, she was like a piece of metal that's been in the heat to long and if you touch it you'll...well it won't be pleasant. She was burnt out."

"Bur-Burnt out?" Erica asked, standing up. "Are you saying that she was burnt out?"

"Yeah, I think so." Julia replied. "I can't think of any other reason she could be so hot, but then have no scorch marks on her skin."

Erica was silent for a moment. "I think I know what happened to Rachel. But your not going to like it. And we are going to have to leave."

~*~ earlier that day ~*~

Rachel was sitting on the beach with a lollypop, her Chanel sunglasses perched on the bridge of her nose so all could see them. Her friend, was coming to meet her, she had asked her to break up with Luke for her, Rachel may be mean but she didn't have the heart to do it herself.

"Hey! Tilly! Over here!" Rachel said, waving at her friend. Tilly was alright really, she did literally everything Rachel asked her to do, she was a bit of a puppy dog, but Rachel didn't mind, it was useful. "Can you do it? I can't be with Luke anymore, I have Oscar and he's way better, but I can't break up with him either, can you do it for me?"

Tilly sat down next to her 'friend' and looked into her eyes through her Chanel glasses. Rachel noticed that her eyes weren't their usual brown colour, but instead a bright blue, but didn't care enough to comment on it. "No."

"No? Come on Tilly, it's just Luke." Rachel said, a little confused, Tilly had never said no to anything she told her to do before. "It's not like I'm asking a lot, I just want you to break up with my fiancé for me."

"See, to be honest, I don't give a damn about you Rachel, I'm more interested in Erica." Tilly said, starting to put her hair back in a pony tail.

"Who the hell is Erica?" Rachel asked. "And what is up with you today?"

"Touch my hand." Tilly instructed.

"What the hell is going on Tilly?"

"Rachel for gods sake just touch my hand." Tilly said, rolling her eyes.

Rachel put her hand out and touched Tilly's, it was so hot in left a mark on her hand. "What the hell are you playing at! How are you so hot!" Rachel said, standing up.

Tilly stood up as well, Tilly was a bit taller than Rachel, but it was clear that she was not superior appearance-wise. She looked at Rachel, and then she opened her mouth, Rachel almost fainted when she saw a purple mist leave it. Tilly fell to the floor, he body was burnt out, she would not live for another two minutes, but Rachel wasn't looking at Tilly. She was looking at the purple thing in front of her, it was sparkling in the sunlight, and shone against the sea. But before she could react properly, it shot into her mouth, slowly making it's way down her throat so she couldn't breathe. She collapsed and held her throat, gasping for air, until she got it. But it wasn't Rachel who started breathing again, Rachel was gone.

Time to find Erica.

~*~

"You-You think it was a-a possession?" Julia stuttered.

"Yes, and I would be willing to bet that Rachel met someone this morning who was about to burnt out, and the spirit just transferred into her body, because if the  burns out while the spirit is still in it, it will be sent back to hell." Erica explained.

"How do you know this?" Julia asked, putting a white sheet over Rachel's face.

Erica shrugged. "But that means that the spirit is in the house. I can't possess us, because we are already kind of dead, me and Hunter get that from you and dad, but there is someone who isn't"

"Maria."

I know this chapter was shorter than normal but tbh I don't have that much time because it's my dad's birthday and we need to go out...so I tried my best!