Chapter 5

The test was finished. Positive. At first I was worried, kept telling myself that this was a bad thing, but I couldn't help getting excited like a three year old. Of course I wanted a baby, but it was just at such and unexpected time. I'm 32 right now, I know, I didn't age well, and according to Carolyn I have awful fashion sense, it's a perfectly normal time for it. Maybe my life can be normal again?

I wanted a boy. I wasn't sure why, I just felt like a boy would be better. A friend for David, he didn't have anyone to play with in the house, it must be boring. I still had to talk to Barnabas, and probably Elizabeth as well, it wouldn't be too long until she realised anyway.

Barnabas burst into my room and then walked again. What was he doing?

"I'm sorry, I must always knock on a lady's door before I enter,"

I rolled my eyes. He was annoyingly polite." Come in."

"So, did you take the test?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm pregnant,"

His face stayed completely neutral. "It will be an heir I suppose, a little Barnabas,"

I tried to stop myself laughing. A little Barnabas?

"What Barnabas Jr.?" I joked.

"Precisely," he said, a smile spreading across his face.

"Your insane! I'm not calling my son Barnabas. No chance. I'm the one who has to carry him around, I'm the one who has main say in the name. And we are not deciding now, I'm barely a week!" I said.

"I'm not ruling out the idea," Barnabas muttered, before walking out of the room. Barnabas Jr! He really was insane.

I went over to Elizabeth's office, I decided it was better to tell her now so I could get it over and done with. The door was closed, but I could hear her in there. I took a deep breath in and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Elizabeth said.

I stepped into the large office and looked at Elizabeth. I'd never had this conversation before, so I had no idea how to start it.

"Heyyyyyyy......" I squeaked.

"Julia, what is wrong, are you still sick?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out. Great job Julia. Way to be subtle.

Elizabeth slapped her forehead and sighed. "What am I going to do with you? Your turning into Carolyn," she said, but there still was a smile on her face.

I laughed. "Give me a break Liz, I'm not that bad!"

"How long?"

"Like a week I think," I replied.

"Well," Elizabeth said. "Looks like there's going to be a new Collins."