Chapter 4

I put my hand my stomach and sat down on my bed with a big thud.

"Do you think the baby will be... Normal?"

"Appearance wise, I believe so. Otherwise, I really couldn't tell you."

A baby. When I was younger, it was what I had always dreamed of, but I never met the right guy and had pushed the idea out of the window. Now it really was happening, I didn't know what to do.

"Barnabas, I'll take a test. By the end of the day we'll be certain and we can talk then."

"What is this test? Surely this is enough information!"

"Oh right. Well, since you were thrown in a wooden box and shoved underground for 200 years thing have changed. We got smarter. There is a test you can take, to be certain? I'll talk to you later,"  I said, feeling a little stupid explaining what a pregnancy test was.

"How does it work?" He asked.

"You don't want to know,"

"I must know how this test works, is it like a paper, or perhaps an oral examination?"

"You pee on a stick. If you have any more questions, ask Elizabeth, I don't have time," I said putting my sunglasses on and walking out of the room.

"I definitely have no more questions." He said, mentally scarred.

I took a little money, and opened the front door to leave before I was interrupted.

"Julia, where are you going?" Elizabeth asked walking down the stairs.

Oh no. Julia, think quickly. "Just getting some paracetamol, I have a headache," I said. Yes Julia. Great answer.

"We have paracetamol in the house, but I think it will be good for you to get fresh air. Do you mind if I join you?"

Say no. Say you need to get something else.... Tampons. She won't come with you to get tampons. "Yeah sure," I said. I'm such an idiot. How am I going to get a pregnancy test now?

"Ok great, I'll just get my bag," Elizabeth said. I'm such an idiot.

We walked along the harbour to the place with shops, and walked into the chemist.
"Is paracetamol all you need?" Elizabeth said.

Say yes. You can come back later. "No, how about I finish up in here and meet you in the supermarket, you need salami right? It'll save time," I said. Yes Julia, thinking on the spot. I'm getting good at this.

"No, it's fine," Elizabeth said, looking at the box of paracetamol. "The salami can wait,"

"Nahh," I said, in what sounded like a Russian accent. What am I doing? "What if they run out of salami! You could go into the shop, and someone else could buy the last pack of salami, and you'll feel bad because if you had gone now that pack of salami could have been yours. Every last slice could have been yours,"

I mentally slapped myself. Who gets that passionate about salami?

"Ok Julia..." Elizabeth said, looking at me weirdly, as she walked out of the shop. Look at that, my salami speech worked.

I grabbed the pregnancy test and paid for it quickly, then headed to the supermarket to meet Elizabeth.

A/N

There's chapter 4! This story is going to be a bit less serious than my other one, but I hope you still like it! Please vote and comment, it means a lot to me!