Chapter 8

"Julia, can you go to the store and get me some matches?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'd rather not," Julia said, sitting in her clinic with her feet propelled in the air and she read a magazine. "I'm quite busy today,"

"Sure," Elizabeth said, raising her eyebrow, "that's why your lying down reading magazines,"

"Hey, I'm producing a human," Julia laughed. "It's hard work,"

"Julia, just go please," Elizabeth asked, with a grin.

"Fineee," Julia groaned, sitting up. "But you owe me,"

Elizabeth laughed. "I'll get you some cake tomorrow,"

Julia put her coat on and walked out of the house, it was a cold day, but there was no wind, it was still. Julia closed the door behind her, and walked down past the vegetables growing in the front yard. She got onto the path, it was surrounded by still trees and bushes, but Julia was never a fan of forests, so she hated walking down there. Then, something darted out of a bush in front of Julia, at first glance she thought it was an animal, but she then realised it was a person.

"Hello?" Julia called. "Is someone there?"

She looked through a bush, and saw a big brown eye looking back at her, it was clearly a person. She looked back at the person and smiled.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Julia whispered, she saw a little girl step out from behind the bush. She looked about 6 years old, she had long brown hair and big brown eyes, that complemented her pale skin. Her face looked wet, she had clearly been crying a lot she was wearing a white dress that was covered in dirt and was ripped at the edges. She was carrying a small bag.

"What's you name?" Julia asked, taking her hand.

"Viola," the girl whispered, looking at Julia with her big brown eyes.

"Well Viola, can you tell me where your parents are?" Julia whispered, her voice warm and soft.

"I don't have any parents," the girl said, bursting into tears.

Julia's heart broke as she saw the little girl crying, so she decided to help her. She took her hand and led her to the house. As they walked, Viola showed that she was a very sweet little girl.

"Miss, may I ask you a question?" She asked.

"Call me Julia, and yes, ask me anything you like," Julia smiled.

"When are you having your baby?"

Julia stopped and looked at the little girl.

"What are you talking about, honey?"

"There's a baby in your belly. When is it coming out?"

"How did you know?" Julia asked, very confused, if David couldn't tell, why could she?

"Just a hunch I guess," Viola shrugged, and continued walking down the only path to the house.

Once they got into the house, Julia took Viola to her office and started to run some checks, she didn't know how long the little girl had been out there. However, her tests all can back fine, but she was a quite underweight and needed food and water, her wounds were almost healed anyway. Elizabeth knocked on the door.

"Julia, did you get the matches?" She asked, before walking into the room. "Who is this?"

"Sorry Elizabeth, I didn't get your matches, but as I was walking I saw Viola in the bushes. If I hadn't, I think she may have starved."

"Hello miss," Viola said shyly.

"Hello dear, my names Elizabeth," Elizabeth said, shaking her hand. "Do you have anywhere to stay?"

"No miss," Viola said bowing her head. "Miss Julia has been very nice,"

Elizabeth sighed and looked down and the little girl once more.
"I think Julia can find you a room to stay here," she smiled.

Violas face lit up and started jumping around, she then hugged Elizabeth. "Thank you miss!" She cried with happiness.

"No problem," Elizabeth smiled.

"And thank you so much Miss Julia, I love you so much!" Viola said, and went to hug the other woman in the room.

"You are so sweet," Julia whispered, and took Viola's hand. "Let's go find you a new bedroom!"