Chapter 32

Hey I'm starting a Sweenett fanfic! I'd rly like it if you guys could check it out!💜💜

Maria was planning to tell everyone at breakfast. They were all sitting around the fancy table, Julia had said that when Elizabeth and Carolyn lived there they had to eat at the table every morning, but when Erica and Hunter turned four Carolyn moved to New York, and a year later Elizabeth moved out as well to support her. Ever since they left, Julia and Barnabas had run the house, and Julia was the most unorganised person in the world, so they had started eating breakfast in Shelby's room so they could pick her up as soon as she starts to cry. Julia thought it was genius.

But today they were all sitting around the table, including Shelby in her highchair eating some squashed bananas and a bottle of formula. Maria was waiting for the perfect time when everyone had settled down.

"No Shelby, but the bananas in your mouth, don't flick them at daddy." Julia said, putting the fruit back in Shelby's little bowl. The baby continued to laugh and squeal, waving her hands in the air and absent-mind idly throwing bananas across the room. Julia sighed, and let her daughter to continue harassing Barnabas with fruit.

"So does anyone have anything to say to break this silent awkwardness?" Hunter asked.

Maria was about to open her mouth, but Erica beat her to it. "So, I've been seeing this guy for three months now. I didn't want to tell anyone until I realised that I actually liked him."

"Oh my god, that's great honey!" Julia said. "What's his name?"

"His name's Oscar. He's really nice." Erica said smiling. "He has the cutest little brother..."

"Is he cuter than your adorable little sister?" Julia asked, standing up to clean bananas off the floor.

"No..but how cute would it be if Shelby finally had a playmate! His name's Jackson, I think they could really get along!" Erica said.

"That's sweet, you can tell..um..Oscar, if that's his name, that little....I really can't remember this one, what's his name?" Julia asked.

"It's Jackson." Erica corrected.

"Well Jackson is always welcome to come and play with Shelby, it'll be sweet to finally have someone to play with her, I get worried that she's a bit lonely sometimes." Julia said.

"I also have-" Maria started, before being interrupted.

"Mumma!" Shelby said giggling. "Mumma!"

"Oh my god Shelby!" Julia said putting her hands over her mouth. "Your first words!"

Everyone surrounded the baby, and in reward Shelby was given another banana, which she then continued to throw at Barnabas. Maria, who was starting to get annoyed, decided that on her next opportunity she would make sure people heard her, no matter if Shelby interrupted or not. 

Everyone sat back down after Shelby started throwing food at their faces. Maria waited for everyone to settle back down and then took a deep breath.

"So everyone I have something to say." She stated. 

"What's up Maria?" Erica asked.

"Well, just before your birthday last week, I found out that...I'm pregnant!" Maria announced.

Julia, who had just taken a drink, spat it out everywhere. "Your what?"

"I'm pregnant. With a baby." Maria said, starting to worry that Julia would be angry at her and Hunter. "Yay...?" She said unenthusiastically.

"That's great honey!" Hunter said, going over to his girlfriend and hugging her. Hunter was happy about it, but he wasn't sure if Julia would be. Erica was actually worried about Julia. Worried that because Maria was only nineteen it would bring back thoughts of Alyssa.

"That's...wonderful.." Julia said with a half real half forced smile. "This is wonderful."

"Thank you Miss Hoffman." Maria said with a smile.

"Maria, why are you calling me Miss Hoffman now after calling me Julia ever since you've lived here?" Julia asked.

"Because your scaring me a little."

"Oh, you shouldn't be scared honey, I'm happy for you." Julia said, going up to hug Maria. "Your going to be really happy."

Next Erica went up to Maria and hugged her, but as Erica was prone to getting premonitions she saw the future of the baby. "Oh my god!" Erica said happily. She turned around. "Mom, you owe me 50 dollars."

"How do you...oh yeah. Well I'm not giving anything to you until you can prove it." Julia said.

"Are we betting on this baby?" Erica asked. "Like just this one?"

"Your betting on my baby?" Hunter asked.

"No, we are betting on the name." Erica corrected. "She thinks its gonna be called...wait do you wanna know if it's a boy or girl now?"

"Sure throw it out there." Maria said, joining the conversation.

"Well it's a girl." Erica said. "But it's not the one mom described, the one she described...was your second child."

"How do you know that?" Maria asked.

"Oh, when I touch certain objects I get premonitions, which are like flashes of the future. I'm a witch, basically." Erica explained, and as excepted Maria was not surprised, her mind had really opened up once she got her head round the fact her mother and father in law were vampires. 

"That makes sense." Maria said.

Erica nodded. "Do you wanna know anything else?"

"Sure." Maria said.

"But you can't change anything, like even if you want to, it will find some way of coming true anyway." Erica warned.

"Yeah just spit it out." Hunter said. "Your just making me want to know even more."

"Well, it's gonna be a little girl called Pheobe Erica, thank you by the way, and she'll look like Shelbym with the blue eyes and blonde hair, and you guys are gonna move into your own house near here." Erica said.

Everyone was happy. There was going to be a new addition to the family, little Pheobe and eventually Annie, and Erica was very happy for them. But there was something else she didn't tell them. That what Julia saw in her dream, it was real. Annie, the second daughter, really was going to run into Viola, but she didn't see if she'd succeed or not. So she'd just have to pray her niece would be okay.