Chapter 9

"Good morning, honey," Julia said quietly, gently shaking Viola's shoulder. "It's breakfast time,"

Viola stirred a little, then sat up and rubbed her eyes. She looked at Julia and smiled. Considering she had just woken up,her hair were strait and smooth, just like it was the night before. Viola was quite pretty for a child, she had freckles over her nose and long dark eyelashes that complemented her deep brown eyes. Her lips were full, a soft red shade naturally, and her skin was almost white. She captured the hearts of everyone who saw her at first glance. "Julia?"

"Yes?"

"Am I going to be alright?" Viola asked, blinking her eyes cutely.

"Your going to be fine," Julia smiled.

Viola got along well with David, they became best friends in a few days, and Carolyn also loved the idea of a little sister, and Viola played that part well. Barnabas, however, was skeptical of the little brunette, she always seemed afraid when she saw him and did her best to avoid him. She became extremely close with Julia, when Elizabeth took David and Carolyn out, Viola followed Julia around like a puppy, but Julia didn't mind. Julia found it interesting the amount of layers the little girl had, every time she peeled a layer back more would appear. After living there for about two months, they still didn't know much about Viola's past, not even her surname, all they knew was that her mother was killed recently. Viola described her mother as a beautiful, smart and cultured woman, and clearly looked up to her, so her death took her quite by surprise. She didn't appear to know her father, and also wouldn't share her mothers name, but Julia thought that if Viola didn't want go share, perhaps it's because she wanted to let go and start her new life.

Julia was sitting in her office, the others had all gone out for a meal after the success of the Collins fishing business, but Julia didn't want to go out. Viola didn't want to leave the house without Julia, and had remained behind with her. Viola was looking at Julia's enormous collection of liquor bottles, she kept them in the top shelf.

"147 bottles," Viola said, after counting every bottle and becoming familiar with several brands of liquor.

"Really?" Julia said, a little surprised. "I thought there would have been more,"

"Why did you drink so much?" Viola said, looking deeply into Julia's eyes.

"Oh I..." Julia said awkwardly. "It's nothing for you to worry about." She added, shaking her head and pretending Viola never asked.

"Okay," Viola said, reading the room. "When is the daddy to your baby coming home?"

"What do you mean?" Julia asked, sipping at her glass of water.

"Does your baby not have a daddy, like me?" Viola said, playing with a princess doll she carried with her. It was one of the few things Viola had in the bag she was carrying when Julia found her, it was the doll, a diary and a bottle of water. Surprisingly, the doll was in perfect condition,Viola had said that it was a gift from her mother.

"Of course it has a daddy!" Julia laughed. "It's Barnabas, did you not know,"

Viola instantly looked up and dropped her doll, her eyes widened and she was completely still. Julia's laughs turned to concern. "Viola, is everything alright?"

"I thought you were one of the good ones," Viola whispered solemnly, before picking up her doll, sprinting out of the room and locking herself in her new bedroom, blocking Julia out.

Sorry if this chapters too short, but I hope you enjoyed it!